Pre-Order Thread

Hopefully you. Did you go out to dinner with the fam to celebrate?
Man, I'm at work. The wife didn't even cook dinner. We're doing stuff tomorrow and Saturday. Well mostly tomorrow. Hopefully, the part I bought today is right and the father in law and I will be putting the gas tank back on the f150 on Saturday. Tomorrow we are driving to Garner to pay the deposit on the kitchen reno and I might, fingers crossed, be ordering an amp.

0031588161_10.jpg

Oh cool, Yo La Tengo is releasing Sounds of the Sounds of Science on 2xlp

Looks at cost to ship to Canada - $85CDN total. Sorry no thanks

Sorry about Canada shipping situation, that sucks.

I am so psyched about this! I posted this album in whatever thread that is on this forum, or maybe all the way back when we were on the VMP forum, about this being the album I'd love to see get a vinyl pressing. The day has arrived!

Last edited:
Preorder from Habibi Funk - Libyan funk from yesteryear:

@Skalap you see this exclusive for bandcamp friday? EU shipping is too rich for me here in states, but I know stores who stock Habibi Funk records stateside, so hopefully I'll get one eventually.

Also note on the name of this band: Whoever translated their name into English back in the day went super literal with The Free Music. In Arabic nouns and adjectives either have a definite article "the/ال" or don't, so words that don't are rendered indefinite, as "a" something. So for a word like music, you have The Music, A Music, and if you're being super technical "Music" without "a" or "the" doesn't really exist in Arabic. That said, most translators would translate many words with the definite article - such as this band's name - into English without the word "the," so this band would be Free Music, not The Free Music. Anyway, I kinda love that they are called "The Free Music," which prob sounds a bit odd when reading in English, but this is why!

Last edited:
s261662736956399193_p12666_i1_w2048.png

Back