Pre-Order Thread

No news yet either on my preorder but correctly boxing and shipping a bunch of preorders is a serious task. POS did a great job on my first preorder with them so hoping for the best. They for sure got shorted on the # they expected to receive from wholesaler/label. About the only reputable way to handle that is to immediately count backwards, notify, refund the customers you will be letting down so they can maybe find items elsewhere.

Once that unsavory task is completed then you get on with the task of filling the orders. So FWIW I’m hanging in there and hoping for the best.
Just got my POS (appropriate acronym here) cancellation email.

Just got my POS (appropriate acronym here) cancellation email.
Same. So pissed. Mainly because I could have ordered this elsewhere long ago. I'm gonna try for the amazon.ca clear versions. I'm guessing amazon.ca will cancel just as frequently as amazon in usa, so dangles crossed i guess, because they probably oversold too.

PS: also pissed bc no where in the cancellation email does PoS even mention a quick refund will be processed. what dinguses

Last edited:
Same. So pissed. Mainly because I could have ordered this elsewhere long ago. I'm gonna try for the amazon.ca clear versions. I'm guessing amazon.ca will cancel just as frequently as amazon in usa, so dangles crossed i guess, because they probably oversold too.

PS: also pissed bc no where in the cancellation email does PoS even mention a quick refund will be processed. what dinguses
I have been monitoring my card since I got the email and it looks like the refund is pending in my account today (I received the cancellation notice Tuesday evening). I agree though, the whole thing could have been handled much more tidily.

I highly recommend this album for those that want to get into the 80's Paisley Underground stuff....

I have an OP, but still ordered one of these.

No news yet either on my preorder but correctly boxing and shipping a bunch of preorders is a serious task. POS did a great job on my first preorder with them so hoping for the best. They for sure got shorted on the # they expected to receive from wholesaler/label. About the only reputable way to handle that is to immediately count backwards, notify, refund the customers you will be letting down so they can maybe find items elsewhere.

Once that unsavory task is completed then you get on with the task of filling the orders. So FWIW I’m hanging in there and hoping for the best.

Update: Just got a cancellation on all three items. Grrrr.

They are shady, to be honest

I'm keenly aware that an OK looking website doesn't turn a small physical record store that probably has a super small staff into a proper, dependable online retailer so I've never thought to bother with Port of Sound. What shady stuff have they done?

I'm keenly aware that an OK looking website doesn't turn a small physical record store that probably has a super small staff into a proper, dependable online retailer so I've never thought to bother with Port of Sound. What shady stuff have they done?
Just read their Yelp page honestly. My own little story was an extremely ridiculous experience when I got a horribly packaged record that was damaged and there was no reasoning with him.

Just read their Yelp page honestly. My own little story was an extremely ridiculous experience when I got a horribly packaged record that was damaged and there was no reasoning with him.

Ugh.

Longish, not that interesting story but 5-6 years ago, a lot of small record shops were popping up around me and I went around visiting new spots and also old shops I'd yet to visit. I used to go in and be friendly and talk to the employee(s) and try and always leave with at least 1 record or 7" in hand, as a way of supporting these cool places. I also really wanted to work with a record shop and build them a solid website (I was freelancing at the time). I ended up working with one of the shops and they were the 2nd worst client I've ever had. After that experience, something in my brain opened up and I traced back my steps and realized that the shop owners and employees I would chat with over the previous year or so were also almost always stand offish or straight up rude and weird. Now, I keep my head down when I'm in a shop, which is rarely, and don't even bother trying to make it an 'experience'. I buy all my records online from Bandcamp or direct from bands/labels and record shops are now places I browse when I'm stuck somewhere in LA and have an hour to kill.

Ugh.

Longish, not that interesting story but 5-6 years ago, a lot of small record shops were popping up around me and I went around visiting new spots and also old shops I'd yet to visit. I used to go in and be friendly and talk to the employee(s) and try and always leave with at least 1 record or 7" in hand, as a way of supporting these cool places. I also really wanted to work with a record shop and build them a solid website (I was freelancing at the time). I ended up working with one of the shops and they were the 2nd worst client I've ever had. After that experience, something in my brain opened up and I traced back my steps and realized that the shop owners and employees I would chat with over the previous year or so were also almost always stand offish or straight up rude and weird. Now, I keep my head down when I'm in a shop, which is rarely, and don't even bother trying to make it an 'experience'. I buy all my records online from Bandcamp or direct from bands/labels and record shops are now places I browse when I'm stuck somewhere in LA and have an hour to kill.
With this particular shop it's like an episode of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. He seems to resent his own customers so much. Like....why?

Ugh.

I truly believe in the value of a good local. Unfortunately my closest local (75mile round trip) left me feeling about the same as you. Without going into the the story lets just say they didn’t inspire my loyalty either. But there are great local stores and if you are lucky enough to have one in your area I believe it is good to shop local when you can.

@Enoch

I truly believe in the value of a good local. Unfortunately my closest local (75mile round trip) left me feeling about the same as you. Without going into the the story lets just say they didn’t inspire my loyalty either. But there are great local stores and if you are lucky enough to have one in your area I believe it is good to shop local when you can.
I have 3 strong locals in this area. 1 has low selection but is the friendliest place and is walking distance from my house. Another has better selection and is the place to hang out to get the lowdown on new music. The other has an enormous selection but only has one friendly owner/service person so you have to time it right if you want to get face time (And it is one town over where I work). I am trying to figure out how much of this is a blessing or a curse, haha.

mm_fr_tk_bg_1600x1600.jpg

Nujabes - Hydeout Productions First Collection 2xLP

Releases November 3rd. Going to sell out quick, get on it!!

968.jpg

Last edited:

Canceled orders to repost listings at higher prices. Shipped me "new" records with horrible shelfwear and the shrink half ripped off... there are a number of things

Back