Pre-Order Thread

A quick search tells me this Rachika Nayar preorder hasn't been posted here yet. If you like electronic music with lots of drenched guitar and add in some ambient and atmospheric vibes, this is for you. I'm getting some serious Ulrich Schnauss vibes on the 4 tracks released from this album. The track "Our Wretched Fate" released today is amazing.

Ooohh here’s some jazzy fun

In 1970, the Virgilio Armas Trio released De Repente on the tiny Discos A&B label, very likely a one-off, self-financed project. Virgilio Armas recalls: “The nightlife in Caracas of the 1950’s and 1960’s inspired me to record an album in 1970, with songs influenced by the Jazz, Bossa and Latin genres. De Repente was created with my beloved Piano, and my long-time musical partners Rodolfo Buenaño (bass) and Guillermo Tariba (drums).”

The style is very much influenced by the harder post-Bossa Nova ‘Balanço’ style of numerous Brazilian piano/bass/drum trios, and is easily equal to the best of them, while somehow also managing to incorporate a uniquely Venezuelan rhythmic sensibility. Highlights include ‘Petite Mambo’, ‘De Repente’ (Part 1 & 2), and ‘Venezuela En Fiesta’.

1659621151109.png

1659622360927.png

View attachment 147847

Man it's wild how the world works. I had never even heard of this guy until last week. A buddy of mine was talking about him because they used to hang out since they were in the Atlanta music scene together. Talking about how they met at an Injected album release party. So I looked up his music. The only song of his I knew was Freak of the Week with Marvelous 3 but man does this guy have a long and prolific career. Just his producer credits alone are insane.

Man it's wild how the world works. I had never even heard of this guy until last week. A buddy of mine was talking about him because they used to hang out since they were in the Atlanta music scene together. Talking about how they met at an Injected album release party. So I looked up his music. The only song of his I knew was Freak of the Week with Marvelous 3 but man does this guy have a long and prolific career. Just his producer credits alone are insane.
His music is great. Check both of his black widows albums and Sycamore Meadows out. 🔥

1659625583432.png

1659625606089.png

Back