Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 127095

View attachment 127096

View attachment 127097

Serious question: Does Newbury own their own pressing plant?
How TF do they release scads of Ltd./Variant Reissues while artists have trouble getting new releases out because of pressing plant issues?

1643730381238.png

How TF do they release scads of Ltd./Variant Reissues while artists have trouble getting new releases out because of pressing plant issues?
My guess is that since they're just into variants (they don't do any exclusive projects, as far as I know), it's a lot easier just to order up a color variant of an in-print title than start a new project from scratch. All the vinyl mastering, metalwork, album art files, etc. is already done and probably on hand at the pressing plant, so it's a much easier starting point than a new release.

1643732184123.png

1643732309817.png

View attachment 127095

In case you were curious, there’s a pile of variants:
300 - PN 1 - White In Half Doublemint/Half Clear With Hot Pink Splatter
400 - PN 2 - Milky Clear, White & Doublemint Twist
400 - Indie Retail - Doublemint & White Galaxy
300 - UK - Doublemint/White/Grey Tri-Stripe
500 - EU - Half Doublemint/Half White
300 - Newbury - Half Coke Bottle Clear/Half White With Heavy Mint Splatter
300 - Banquet 1 - Kelly Green & Milky Clear Cloudy
300 - Banquet 2 - Doublemint With Heavy White Splatter
350 - Uncle M - White With Hot Pink Splatter
500 - Band - Doublemint & White Pinwheel
1500 - Various - Doublemint In Clear With Heavy White Splatter

My guess is that since they're just into variants (they don't do any exclusive projects, as far as I know), it's a lot easier just to order up a color variant of an in-print title than start a new project from scratch. All the vinyl mastering, metalwork, album art files, etc. is already done and probably on hand at the pressing plant, so it's a much easier starting point than a new release.
Makes sense.

Contracts, yo. If I commit to pressings X per month for a year (for example) I have time blocked for my jobs well into advance. I’d assume NC has a standing contract in force given the volume of titles they press.

With the original cover.

1643734269643.png

Coke Bottle Clear
  • Colored vinyl housed in original flag gatefold cover art. Limited to 2,000 copies worldwide.
  • Handwritten note from M.C. Taylor
  • 11.5" square lyric insert
  • 22.75" × 33" folded newsprint poster
  • Digital download card
15% of proceeds from the Deluxe Peak Vinyl edition of Quietly Blowing It will be donated to Democracy Now!

This item is expected to ship on or around its release date of December 2, 2022.

With the original cover.

View attachment 127125

Coke Bottle Clear
  • Colored vinyl housed in original flag gatefold cover art. Limited to 2,000 copies worldwide.
  • Handwritten note from M.C. Taylor
  • 11.5" square lyric insert
  • 22.75" × 33" folded newsprint poster
  • Digital download card
15% of proceeds from the Deluxe Peak Vinyl edition of Quietly Blowing It will be donated to Democracy Now!

This item is expected to ship on or around its release date of December 2, 2022.

And we have a winner for new furthest ship date.

View attachment 127120

I picked this up via bandcamp, love this record. PTVs psychedelic period is wonderful and this is probably the best of it (with maybe force the hand of chance a close 2nd).

Back