Pre-Order Thread

Autographed on her Webstore and a Box Set as well - very stiff pricing ($40 base, mandatory priority shipping so $52 shipped. Signed probably makes it worth it if it's your jam but man)

Just ordered a copy of the autographed vinyl.

You forgot to mention they add 98¢ for route package protection as well, whatever that is.

$40 is my limit / acceptable max price for autographed vinyl.

Autographed on her Webstore and a Box Set as well - very stiff pricing ($40 base, mandatory priority shipping so $52 shipped. Signed probably makes it worth it if it's your jam but man)

$52 shipped for a single LP.

1642090020511.png

The $40 base price for a signed, 1xLP of a notable artist ($30 for a basic 1xLP is steep but not insanely out of line in 2022 + a $10 signing charge basically) doesn't really bother me as much as the mandatory $13 shipping when Media Mail still exists as a concept. I've sworn off most blind pre-orders so I'm not the market but it's a tough pill for sure. It's the same price as Lorde who was also overpriced but at least gave you several extra bonuses as part of it (massive poster, extra 7" with bonus tracks, first access to future webstore drops, etc.)

Plus, not to be a bad fan, but like...there's no way that album won't be sub-20 at some point during a Target sale or Amazon sale or other sale in 12 months.

Last edited:
Same, You made it further than me. I left After the Green album. Though, if they ever released a post-Pinkerton singles collection, I would be all over that.
Make Believe is sneaky great. I always hear it as Rivers teasing out the 50's/Pop sensibly informing Surf Wax America and My Name is Jonas across an entire album.
1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. Make Believe
4. Green
5. The Rest of them.

Make Believe is sneaky great. I always hear it as Rivers teasing out the 50's/Pop sensibly informing Surf Wax America and My Name is Jonas across an entire album.
1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. Make Believe
4. Green
5. The Rest of them.
I am one of the few defenders of Make Believe, and would rank it in their top 5. It's mostly good, but at the same time has a couple of their worst songs. Starts out with my most hated song from them, but pays off and ends with one of my favorite Weezer songs.

For a band that created two of my favorite albums of all time, boy have they released a lot of crap.
It's really amazing. Whenever anyone says something like "can you imagine how much amazing music Jimi Hendrix <or add person who died young here> would have made had he lived?" I always say "I dunno, maybe he would have been like Weezer." 😂

Back