Pre-Order Thread

Remastered “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx” on dark purple wax pre-order...

PRINCE - EMANCIPATION (6LP / PURPLE / 150G)

First time on vinyl! 6 purples LPs in slipcase. Each LP will have printed jackets and printed interior sleeves

5QLPPR042.jpg

View attachment 13000

View attachment 13001

View attachment 13002
These Prince reissues are killing me. Piano/Mic and Originals are worthwhile releases/listens. Rave Un2/In2 are middle Prince, IMO. Planet Earth is forgettable. 3121 and Musicology were high middle highlights of later career.

Heck, I'd take N.E.W.S. and Rainbow Children with zeal. Admittedly, these saw Prince in the middle of his jazz fusion dilettantism, but he was such a talent that he could pull it off with credibility. Plus "East" has some drumming by John Blackwell that is worth admission alone. And, while Rainbow Children saw him in the opening moves of his JW evangelism, it had some beautiful songs and the title track's guitar solo is scorching.

Versace Experience is doo doo. Chaos & Disorder is slightly better and Emancipation is the most exciting of these but bloated.

What are we really waiting for....Graffiti Bridge, Batman, Love Symbol, Diamonds & Pearls, The Black Album. Remember when there we pre-orders for all of these (except D&Ps)? Oh the halycon days when we were naive and ignorant and thought Warner Bros and The Prince Estate could get their shit together.

I say this all with a huge love of Prince. One of the best live shows I've ever gotten to see, the biggest singular artist in my collection, and YES I will pre-order them after trashing them 'cause...it's Prince and Prince is THE drug. But seriously...fuck these releases.

These Prince reissues are killing me. Piano/Mic and Originals are worthwhile releases/listens. Rave Un2/In2 are middle Prince, IMO. Planet Earth is forgettable. 3121 and Musicology were high middle highlights of later career.

Heck, I'd take N.E.W.S. and Rainbow Children with zeal. Admittedly, these saw Prince in the middle of his jazz fusion dilettantism, but he was such a talent that he could pull it off with credibility. Plus "East" has some drumming by John Blackwell that is worth admission alone. And, while Rainbow Children saw him in the opening moves of his JW evangelism, it had some beautiful songs and the title track's guitar solo is scorching.

Versace Experience is doo doo. Chaos & Disorder is slightly better and Emancipation is the most exciting of these but bloated.

What are we really waiting for....Graffiti Bridge, Batman, Love Symbol, Diamonds & Pearls, The Black Album. Remember when there we pre-orders for all of these (except D&Ps)? Oh the halycon days when we were naive and ignorant and thought Warner Bros and The Prince Estate could get their shit together.

I say this all with a huge love of Prince. One of the best live shows I've ever gotten to see, the biggest singular artist in my collection, and YES I will pre-order them after trashing them 'cause...it's Prince and Prince is THE drug. But seriously...fuck these releases.
I love Prince, N.E.W.S. Is the only release I can think of that I might not actually get. I should pull out the CD, I guess but I remember thinking it was the height of his vanity, boring and unskillful. I was well along the way in my Jazz journey at the time. On the other hand, Rainbow Children is an overlooked masterpiece in my opinion.

I love Prince, N.E.W.S. Is the only release I can think of that I might not actually get. I should pull out the CD, I guess but I remember thinking it was the heights of his vanity, boring and unskillful. I was well along the way in my Jazz journey at the time. On the other hand, Rainbow Children is an overlooked masterpiece in my opinion.
There was lots of vanity in that project. But I feel that saying Prince's musical output was vain is like saying "All bachelors are unmarried men". I think from a jazz perspective it is insulting. But I like it through its own lens. I wish I still had my copy. I purged all my CDs around 2007/2008. Rainbow Children was easy to find another copy of for a reasonable price (sub $20). But have you seen what people resell N.E.W.S. for?! I remember seeing him on the Musicology tour and N.E.W.S. was the music played in the venue before the show began. And, yes, RC is very much a worthwhile listen.

I haven’t bought any of the reissues. I will open my wallet for Diamonds and Pearls the moment I see it.

Last edited:
Got an email from Bullmoose that the Shrek soundtrack is black, not green. They offered everyone who ordered one a $6 refund for the confusion. I would like $6, but I honestly would feel bad, since it's not their fault. Ah well, it's still Smash Mouth on vinyl!

Last edited:
YEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeesssss! Thanks for the tag @Lee Newman! I was starting to think all those pre-orders from a year or two ago that got cancelled would be the end of the line for estate reissues. Glad to see some more getting the treatment. Especially Chaos & Disorder which I actually really really enjoyed.

So great to see all of this Prince discussion!

Back