Pre-Order Thread

I ordered time flies as one of my birthday presents In August from zia records and I'm frustrated to see it delayed indefinitely with no estimated time frame for the album release. I would like to know when it's coming out but if it's not coming out for at least a year then I'd rather transfer my order to a different album instead.
Welcome to the forum! Go 'Cats (in football at least)!

I ordered time flies as one of my birthday presents In August from zia records and I'm frustrated to see it delayed indefinitely with no estimated time frame for the album release. I would like to know when it's coming out but if it's not coming out for at least a year then I'd rather transfer my order to a different album instead.
Makes sense. I'm pretty confident they'll do this for you, I've had really good experiences with Zia.

i think this is new?

Josey Records 'sclusie:

8d3fc63f-4d59-2bbb-6549-7c0fdbab4c02.jpg

I'm not familiar w Josey Records but I see they have a number of locations across TX, MO, OK. So are they new to the exclusive pressing game, or I just haven't been paying attention?

Boognish provides

Makes sense. I'm pretty confident they'll do this for you, I've had really good experiences with Zia.
They said they would do that for me but I really want this album and I don't know if I should switch out for something else instead as I really want this album but I don't want to be limbo waiting at least 6 months or more for the album.

They said they would do that for me but I really want this album and I don't know if I should switch out for something else instead as I really want this album but I don't want to be limbo waiting at least 6 months or more for the album.
Go for limbo, especially if they don't charge until they ship. Unless you absolutely can't afford to pay for both (and they charge when you place the order), place a separate order and just put the first one out of your mind. :) (You've come to the right place if your looking for a master class in Rationalizing Your Record-Purchasing Behavior!)

Go for limbo, especially if they don't charge until they ship. Unless you absolutely can't afford to pay for both (and they charge when you place the order), place a separate order and just put the first one out of your mind. :) (You've come to the right place if your looking for a master class in Rationalizing Your Record-Purchasing Behavior!)
They don't charge until it ships. I asked them if they could switch albums if I didn't want to wait because I ordered two albums to get free shipping and if I ordered album I would be charged for shipping unless I spent the required amount for free shipping. I definitely want this album but I don't want to be stuck in limbo for close to a year waiting for this album to ship. I wish I had some idea when it would ship. The placeholder date and removal from site makes me think it's been canceled in the us.

I wonder if the live disc and the demos will be released outside the boxset? This is the epitome of something I really don't need, but considering few albums are closer to my heart than the first Gorillaz album, it's going to be hard to resist.

That price tag tho 😭

Same here -- I was at one of those first US shows, and have always wanted a show from that tour on vinyl. The wording of this product has "future cheaper versions" written all over it.

They don't charge until it ships. I asked them if they could switch albums if I didn't want to wait because I ordered two albums to get free shipping and if I ordered album I would be charged for shipping unless I spent the required amount for free shipping. I definitely want this album but I don't want to be stuck in limbo for close to a year waiting for this album to ship. I wish I had some idea when it would ship. The placeholder date and removal from site makes me think it's been canceled in the us.
Maybe they'd be willing to cover the shipping for the inconvenience (and the additional sale)? Otherwise, I understand the quandary.

My experience so far with any thing that has been delayed indefinitely is it has never been released. My pre-orders either end up eventually being canceled or stay open and never get filled. Like that switchfoot album from a few years back.

Back