Pre-Order Thread

Brandi is as big as Isbel? Definitely bigger than Russel or Hiss Golden Messenger. There’s a lack of rhyme and reason.

I think Brandi is bigger than Isbell personally, though it's close. Regardless, I think Magnolia should be announcing if an album is RotM in alignment with the overall announcement even if we have to wait to order (they'll do it for Discovery though which is...weird right?). They won't though, or they haven't at least. I think they're leaving money on the table tbh.

Last edited:
I think Brandi is bigger than Isbell personally, though it's close. Regardless, I think Magnolia should be announcing if an album is RotM in alignment with the overall announcement even if we have to wait to order (they'll do it for Discovery though which is...weird right?). They won't though, or they haven't at least. I think they're leaving money on the table tbh.
They did with Isbel last year. In fact there were a couple.

they also did it with those two discoveries because they had them in the store as preorders as well.

I stopped trying to predict popularity after getting into an argument on whether Charli XCX or Camila Cabello were bigger, as they both were opening for Taylor Swift and the lesser known would open first. I thought Charli XCX was, as she had been featured more prominently in publications I frequented -- but alas, it was Camila. This also apparent by the fact that her most streamed song has 2 billion hits vs. 300 million for Charli. It was on that day that I knew I was out of touch with the public.

I only say that because like, a couple years ago Brandi and Jason was a co-headliner show and Brandi went on last. That may be a point of region though, I imagine Brandi playing better in the Northeast than Jason.

Anyway, if they did it with Isbell last year, they should do it with Brandi. Honestly they should do it with any record. The "surprise" on the first is worth way less than not buying a duplicate.

Puxico? I tried twice. It’s her husband’s production company and they refunded me both times with no correspondence.
I have it. I guess I was lucky enough to get one before having the kind of experience @Kris did. As she said, it was Natalie's husband's label releasing it, so it was probably not a big run and they weren't prepped for a lot of mail order.

1626895536792.png

CLUB MEMBERS! Wait! You can get an UNSIGNED copy for only $20 in your October box as the Artist Discovery add-on. Starting Oct. 1st-31st, log in or sign up and add to your box. Ships Nov 1-7.

grateful-dead-fox-theatre-st-louis-mo-12-10-71-live5lp

Grateful Dead

Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO (12/10/71) [Live](5LP)​

ROCK​

GRATEFUL DEAD 654081​

UPC: 603497844449​

Release Date: 10/1/2021​

FYI. Bullmoose stopped preorders but still available at dead.net. Should be other retailers eventually.

Fun fact. I placed an order for a 5lp box on dead.net. Two minutes later according to time stamp I placed an order for 2lp Light into Ashes. My order #s were 74 apart.

View attachment 106329

CLUB MEMBERS! Wait! You can get an UNSIGNED copy for only $20 in your October box as the Artist Discovery add-on. Starting Oct. 1st-31st, log in or sign up and add to your box. Ships Nov 1-7.
I knew was a reason I didn’t ask my shop about it.

Last edited:
Back