Pre-Order Thread

eBay has ruled that the listing is legitimate. It is only fraudulent if the seller is selling stolen goods or selling the item in question without the permission of the owner.

eBay has ruled that the listing is legitimate. It is only fraudulent if the seller is selling stolen goods or selling the item in question without the permission of the owner.

It's funny because Ebay's own policy disagrees

There's both no way it fulfills in 30 days based on the Matador listing and it doesn't indicate pre-sale, so unless the user has a physical copy they should have taken it down. That seller definitely makes a game of it though, also has the Lorde Deluxe, Clairo VMP, etc. all listed and not as pre-orders.

Well it isn’t fraudulent. eBay are right! They are selling an item that they will own! Flipping is shitty but it’s not illegal! I’m pretty sure that eBay allows pre orders too so that’s not a breach either whereas I’m pretty sure it is on cogs.

Edit: Ok so maybe it is in breach of pre sale rules as per the above but it’s not fraud.

It's funny because Ebay's own policy disagrees

There's both no way it fulfills in 30 days based on the Matador listing and it doesn't indicate pre-sale, so unless the user has a physical copy they should have taken it down. That seller definitely makes a game of it though, also has the Lorde Deluxe, Clairo VMP, etc. all listed and not as pre-orders.

Yeah, I think it does violate eBay's policies, but the listing isn't "fraudulent". I think I need to find another way of reporting it that better fits. Also, wish they let you comment on way you are reporting it. Looking through all the options, there is nothing for selling something they don't yet have or not shipping within 30 days. Reporting it for that really doesn't fit in well with any of the options.

1625075643854.png

run-the-jewels-run-the-jewels-2-clear-w-red-teal-splatter-rsd-essential-005

Run the Jewels

Run the Jewels 2 (Clear w/ Red & Teal Splatter)​

RSD Essential #005​

You could always buy it on eBay for... $215...

Flipper culture has really gotten unreal in the past year or two. It's so frustrating to miss out on things sometimes...
I am utterly amazed that people keep buying “limited editions” for such a premium. $215 is too much for single record that retailed for like $25. Almost everything eventually gets repressed. Even if it takes 4 or 5 years. Why the frenzy?

It was actually only an $18 EP
And I think the black version was still available on Matador at last check for $15.

Like, I'm down for minor upcharges for LE or Variants but it's just silly for that level of a multiplier. Luckily 3 on Ebay and none sold thus far...yet, so no one is buying on the absurd prices. Like there's 45-50 dollar copies of the Red on discogs for USD and that had to be imported, I'm guessing this one probably doesn't end up any higher than that, maybe lower. People are just nutty.

Back