Pre-Order Thread

Counterpoint (although your statement probably stands true more often than not): I had the Green Jelly - Cereal Killer Soundtrack RSD 2019 pressing. It is pressed by GZ and glow-in-the-dark. It sounded fantastic. I sold it because it is more of a novelty album for me and not something I listened to often. But still sounded really good.

But yea....pic discs. I except them to sound anywhere from acceptable to shit. That's not great.
holy shit that would be the most hilarious Tool-related web exclusive they could possibly put out, some old school Green Jello/y Cereal Killer vinyl

I'll say this about picture discs, I think they've gotten better at them and if your choice is between a cheap picture disc or an absurdly expensive regular pressing, it may be worthwhile. Like, I'm sure the Orange FYE version of Reputation is probably better sounding / longer lasting than the picture disc standard, but you'll also pay 10x+ more (probably closer to 20 now) for the orange version and the pic disc sounds fine for what it is.

holy shit that would be the most hilarious Tool-related web exclusive they could possibly put out, some old school Green Jello/y Cereal Killer vinyl
Lol. I totally forgot the Tool/GJ connection when I was posting that. They did put it out in that RSD 2019 release. I remember it being pretty popular and had a big price jump on the resale market shortly after RSD. I believe GJ has since put out more REs of it.

I'll say this about picture discs, I think they've gotten better at them and if your choice is between a cheap picture disc or an absurdly expensive regular pressing, it may be worthwhile. Like, I'm sure the Orange FYE version of Reputation is probably better sounding / longer lasting than the picture disc standard, but you'll also pay 10x+ more (probably closer to 20 now) for the orange version and the pic disc sounds fine for what it is.
Yeah, I think I’m a situation like this, if your a big fan you go with the picture disc and listen to the Album digitally while hoping a more reasonably priced reissue eventually surfaces.

1619110405678.png

Orange limited to 500 copies. OMG...

EDIT - Orange sold out. Clear and regular black still available.
So I have Crooks & Lovers and now this preordered on Amazon to save on shipping. Do you know if Amazon typically even fulfills stuff from bleep?

Back