Pre-Order Thread

From the U.S., I sprung for the Dinked edition of the forthcoming release by "A Winged Victory for the Sullen" and am really looking forward to it.
I'm really pissed I missed out on the Dinked Fanclub. I grabbed a signed from somewhere else but it was a mega package

I'm really pissed I missed out on the Dinked Fanclub. I grabbed a signed from somewhere else but it was a mega package
To be honest, I actually felt a little guilty buying a Dinked from the U.S. b/c there's an argument that the Indie shops behind it want to serve their own customers. On the other hand, Piccadilly is one such shop, and they didn't seem to mind shipping a Dinked to the U.S.

To be honest, I actually felt a little guilty buying a Dinked from the U.S. b/c there's an argument that the Indie shops behind it want to serve their own customers. On the other hand, Piccadilly is one such shop, and they didn't seem to mind shipping a Dinked to the U.S.
I think supporting the retailer counts for just as much. I suppose its no different from me ordering from Newbury in some ways. Its flippers that screw the system

Bro they did the same shit to me! And even doubled up, because I went back and re-ordered them separately.
What's the point of having a Cancel Item button if it's not going to cancel the item. Its dumb because I'm not going to return them now but really didn't want to spend $100+ right now either.

I think supporting the retailer counts for just as much. I suppose its no different from me ordering from Newbury in some ways. Its flippers that screw the system

Yeah I think when you’re buying from any of the record stores in dinked you’re buying from a great local store that supports its local music scene. Piccadilly was brilliant at supporting local artists, to be fair it’s perfectly situated near all the best small venues being in the Northern Quarter, and I’m sure the others are too.

View attachment 85672

I love this band. Bought two copies.

Tracklist for this looks interesting:. Wonder if redemption song is the duet with Johnny cash
Tracklist:

1. Coma Girl
2. Johnny Appleseed
3. I Fought The Law (Live)
4. Tony Adams
5. Sleepwalk
6. Love Kills
7. Get Down Moses
8. X-Ray Style
9. Mondo Bongo
10. Rudie Can't Fail (Live)
11. At The Border, Guy
12. The Long Shadow
13. Forbidden City
14. Yalla, Yalla
15. Redemption Song
16. Junco Partner (Acoustic)
Tweet about Assembly Limited Edition Red

Tracklist for this looks interesting:. Wonder if redemption song is the duet with Johnny cash
Tracklist:

1. Coma Girl
2. Johnny Appleseed
4. Tony Adams
5. Sleepwalk
6. Love Kills
7. Get Down Moses
8. X-Ray Style
9. Mondo Bongo
11. At The Border, Guy
12. The Long Shadow
13. Forbidden City
14. Yalla, Yalla
15. Redemption Song

Been watching this one also. Hoping for a US preorder.

Tracklist:

1. Coma Girl
2. Johnny Appleseed
4. Tony Adams
5. Sleepwalk
6. Love Kills
7. Get Down Moses
8. X-Ray Style
9. Mondo Bongo
11. At The Border, Guy
12. The Long Shadow
13. Forbidden City
14. Yalla, Yalla
15. Redemption Song

Been watching this one also. Hoping for a US preorder.
I'm also hoping for a U.S. preorder. If I see it I'll tag you, but that means if you see it, you have to tag me.

I want this. Should I hold out versus the prior pressing?
I don't have an OG or the repress, but from Discogs reviews, the sound quality on both is good. The 2012 repress nixed the vinyl-only song 'I Got A' however.

The newer press will be two LPs instead of one LP (and keep all the tracks, I'd imagine), so there might be some benefit to waiting for the upcoming press depending on mastering.

Based on current prices for the OG, I'd wait it out, unless you're really adamant about limiting the number of times you need to flip.

I don't have an OG or the repress, but from Discogs reviews, the sound quality on both is good. The 2012 repress nixed the vinyl-only song 'I Got A' however.

The newer press will be two LPs instead of one LP (and keep all the tracks, I'd imagine), so there might be some benefit to waiting for the upcoming press depending on mastering.

Based on current prices for the OG, I'd wait it out, unless you're really adamant about limiting the number of times you need to flip.
Thank you! You can still get the current press on Amazon for about $25, which is not bad in my book, but I will wait for the 2LP because I have pretty strong feelings about that type of thing.

Cross post with the Definitive Audiophile thread....

It looks like I just got tracking for my long ago MusicDirect MoFi Run DMC vinyl preorder. My order page shows shippable. These are coming soon.

If you didn’t preorder this it is supposedly all sold out. Shows sold out on MoFi site. Keep a close eye out for it at reputable retailers. Avoid instant day of release flipper markups if possible.

No deets or links yet, but a 2XLP reissue of Nicolas Jaar's first album Space Is Only Noise is on the horizon.

still got my original LP with 'I Got A' on the tracklist.

I'd buy a 2LP if it has some good stuff going into it beyond just the album, even some fresh art would get me to jump on it. I kinda collected all of Jaar's work. Only stuff I dont have is the Just Friends 'Avalanche' release.

Back