Political Discussion

Last edited:
To give credit where it is due, NYC did something of value and I must commend them for it.

New York is now the first city in the country to end qualified immunity. The measure was passed as part of a package of police reform bills.

New York City Ends Qualified Immunity For Police Officers, Becoming 1st In Nation To Do So
I like this, I really do, but I'm not sure how it'll work. Qualified immunity is usually a defense against state or federal constitutional claims. I genuinely don't know if NYC can abrogate that on a municipal level.

I like this, I really do, but I'm not sure how it'll work. Qualified immunity is usually a defense against state or federal constitutional claims. I genuinely don't know if NYC can abrogate that on a municipal level.
I am pretty much in the same boat. I know it doesn’t apply to any state or federal LEA working in the city, it only applies to the NYPD. How that would actually look in court, I don’t know. What I do know is that it is a much needed first step in the right direction. The creation of qualified immunity was the worst decision by the Supreme Court since Wickard vs Filburn or Dredd Scott.

Can you imagine if the former president of the United States got up at your wedding to give a toast and then proceeds to rail against the current president. I hear people say Biden is not well all the time, but what the hell is this guy?

Can you imagine if the former president of the United States got up at your wedding to give a toast and then proceeds to rail against the current president. I hear people say Biden is not well all the time, but what the hell is this guy?

Also, why would you permit the former president to give a toast at your wedding, knowing that he is likely to use the time to do exactly this?

Congrats on your big day, too bad THE COUNTRY IS DESTROYED

The ships free, but we will likely still see higher prices for goods for at least the next couple years.

Why? China now has a container shortage. A third of the shipping traffic that comes in and out of China has been delayed by a week or 2 weeks if the ships took the long way around Africa. These empty containers are not returning to China, all while full containers continue to ship out. This has resulted in China running out of empty containers to load goods into to ship. And experts say it may take 6 to 12 months to dig out of that backlog of goods to be shipped due to not having enough containers.

The ships free, but we will likely still see higher prices for goods for at least the next couple years.

Why? China now has a container shortage. A third of the shipping traffic that comes in and out of China has been delayed by a week or 2 weeks if the ships took the long way around Africa. These empty containers are not returning to China, all while full containers continue to ship out. This has resulted in China running out of empty containers to load goods into to ship. And experts say it may take 6 to 12 months to dig out of that backlog of goods to be shipped due to not having enough containers.
And this is what happens when you six sigma lean everything.
Everyone knew that the Suez Canal was having issues accommodating ever expanding container cargo ships--the canal was designed for ships that were a fourth of the size of the one that just got stuck. But instead of trying to fix the problem, or at least have a back up for mitigation, people decided to let it go because it's so efficient and less costly....until something goes wrong. This is just all of us paying the price for ignoring a problem everyone knew would blow up in our faces one day.

Everyone knew that the Suez Canal was having issues accommodating ever expanding container cargo ships--the canal was designed for ships that were a fourth of the size of the one that just got stuck. But instead of trying to fix the problem, or at least have a back up for mitigation, people decided to let it go because it's so efficient and less costly....until something goes wrong. This is just all of us paying the price for ignoring a problem everyone knew would blow up in our faces one day.
According to my Qanon pal, Ever Green is Hilary Clinton's codename...

Not to mention there are only enough containers needed for continuously running operations. No shipping company has a surplus. So when something goes wrong and ties up containers, yup, that blows up in our faces as well. Lean all around.

What could that even mean? Like... is he saying that she named the ship Ever Green and that it's her fault it blocked the Suez Canal? If that's a known alias why would she use that? Or even use of her aliases at all? What are they even thinking?
Fuck knows. I tuned out, but it was along the lines of “who knows what’s in those containers. I guess we’ll find out”. Total bullshit.

According to my Qanon pal, Ever Green is Hilary Clinton's codename...
What could that even mean? Like... is he saying that she named the ship Ever Green and that it's her fault it blocked the Suez Canal? If that's a known alias why would she use that? Or even use of her aliases at all? What are they even thinking?
And the ship isn't even called ever green but ever given.

Georgia is facing backlash for passing their voter restriction bill.

The PGA tour says they are pulling out of Georgia including the "Masters Tournament".

But is PGA pulling out of Georgia really going to change anything or put pressure on lawmakers?

MLB is also considering pulling the All Star Game out of Georgia which is supposed to be held there this summer.

Last edited:
Georgia is facing backlash for passing their voter restriction bill.

The PGA tour says they are pulling out of Georgia including the "Masters Tournament".

But is PGA pulling out of Georgia really going to change anything or put pressure on lawmakers?

MLB is also considering pulling the All Star Game out of Georgia which is supposed to be held there this summer.
I have heard nothing about the PGA and The Masters pulling out of Georgia. That would be a huge deal. It’s the biggest sporting event in Georgia.

Back