Political Discussion

All I know is that if my company offered on-site daycare I would sell my soul right now.

And yes, I had to google what a creche was...

Yeah I totally get that. The cost of, and access to, childcare is a scandal over here so I have no doubt it’s miles worse over there.

But equally everything those horrible tech companies offer as benefits and incentives are totally designed to make you spend way longer than is healthy at your desk.

Yeah I totally get that. The cost of, and access to, childcare is a scandal over here so I have no doubt it’s miles worse over there.

But equally everything those horrible tech companies offer as benefits and incentives are totally designed to make you spend way longer than is healthy at your desk.
Some would see those as shackles. Given my work schedule however, they would be gifts. If I could spend an hour at the gym, that's in my office, while my kids are at the childcare center, in my office, I'd probably spend a lot more time here too. I wouldn't be working on jack shit though. Just my biceps.

I know the problem really is that they are seen as enticements to get those sweet innocent college grads to put in more hours coding in a bean bag chair by the foosball table. But now the management is getting pissed that the new donkeys don't like free carrots, or being whipped.

Last edited:

chapter 11 needs to be rewritten to explicitly bar this 💩. Too many deplorables have tried to use it as a way to weasel out of consequences. Also I feel like this should be highlighting the issues with grant tax exempt stats to churches so broadly.

Heat is back on TikTok. The Biden administration said TikTok could face US ban unless Chinese ownership sells it's stake.

For whatever reason, this has become a priority again.

Basically my takeaway was the school district really struggled from 2011 through 2019 the school district was struggling but not the worse in the state. In 2019 they brought in a new superintendent who knew they were at risk for state takeover and made vast improvements over the next two years. The average district rating is now 88% almost all of the schools are out of the F and D ratings.

But the state is now pulling the trigger and coming in for the takeover, which they said is required by state law when there is 7 consecutive years of unacceptable performance.

My thoughts are shouldn't that have happened back in 2019? And why now that overall things have vastly improved? Especially when in most cases, state takeovers have not shown any improvement. Often things get worse with the exception of a few cases.

There is talk that this is just punishment and has nothing to do about what's in the best interest of the school district. There has been a surge of White, conservative leaders taking control over local governments with minority representation and make up and this very well could be part of that conservative movement / power struggle.

Back