Phish

My regular crew got completely shut out on Sphere, but my exceptionally generous sister bought me a great ticket as a gift, so I was at night 4 alone but next to some really friendly/fun folks. I have plenty of great photos and videos, but they really do not do justice or come close to capturing the true scale of what it’s like in person. Likewise, the sound is incredible in person — swirling and other effects on top of pristine sound generally — in a way that I didn’t really understand when I watched the set openers from the first night. After seeing n1 set openers, I went on a YouTube and social media blackout and did not look at/read/watch at anything from nights 2 and 3, so I went into 4 knowing only a small fraction of what had already been played and nothing about the visuals. It was epic, particularly set 2.

IMG_2663.jpeg

IMG_2653.jpeg

My regular crew got completely shut out on Sphere, but my exceptionally generous sister bought me a great ticket as a gift, so I was at night 4 alone but next to some really friendly/fun folks. I have plenty of great photos and videos, but they really do not do justice or come close to capturing the true scale of what it’s like in person. Likewise, the sound is incredible in person — swirling and other effects on top of pristine sound generally — in a way that I didn’t really understand when I watched the set openers from the first night. After seeing n1 set openers, I went on a YouTube and social media blackout and did not look at/read/watch at anything from nights 2 and 3, so I went into 4 knowing only a small fraction of what had already been played and nothing about the visuals. It was epic, particularly set 2.

View attachment 200901

View attachment 200902
Was at night 1 and 2 myself and holy shit, a truly unreal experience

i did not go, but watched the last two streams and listened to the others. ignoring the visual aspects (lol), not a whole lot of phish goofiness/quirkiness/etc. this run, just straight up playing with intent. jams weren’t particularly adventurous but they were pretty consistently great and the band seemed incredibly in tune with each other.

not ignoring the visuals, what an experience that had to be. glad some of you got to go. the pollock glyphs on n3 were amazing and probably my favorite visual component i saw.

I missed out on the Sphere, but wound up at an unannounced secret in-store show by Gene Ween on record store day. Yesterday, I got a Gummo tattoo by Bob's Burgers character designer, Jay Howell, who was in town. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on either, which helped with potential FOMO. That and knowing friends were there enjoying themselves

A lot of people are hating, because that's what they do. It looked cool as shit to me.

#CanYouStillHaveFun

Last edited:
I missed out on the Sphere, but wound up at an unannounced secret in-store show by Gene Ween on record store day. Yesterday, I got a Gummo tattoo by Bob's Burgers character designer, Jay Howell, who was in town. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on either, which helped with potential FOMO. That and knowing friends were there enjoying themselves

A lot of people are hating, because that's what they do. It looked cool as shit to me.

#CanYouStillHaveFun
I saw the hate after watching n1 set opener vids, and I have to admit I was underwhelmed. It’s one reason I didn’t look at anything else before my show — I knew from the comments of people who were there what I was seeing/hearing was a narrow snapshot of the live experience. The hate was all people who were at home like me.

As someone who was underwhelmed (but definitely not hating) and then had a chance to see it in person, I can say that I had zero understanding of what it was actually like in person. Now I know.

Back