Philadelphia

Anyone score tix to Beach House at Johnny Brenda's tonight? Looked to me that tix sold out in maybe 2 seconds.

I know this thread isn't too active, but it seems to be the place to share this new in case you're a Philly area Kishi Bashi fan. This screening of his documentary Omoiyari, followed by a performance, won't show up on the normal live music places because it's at Swarthmore College, which is an easy Septa ride out from the city. It's on Friday, Feb 23 with screening starting at 6PM. link for info.

It is free and open to the public!

VMP record fair

Tickets for VinylCon! are now live! We've got lots of options with something to fit any budget. Grab yours today at the link in our bio. More Info 👇

🎟 Early Entry ($22.50) - If you want first dibs grab an Early Entry pass and get in at 10AM, two hours before the rest of the diggers! Covers the whole day. Early Entry tickets will be limited in quantity

🎟 Saturday GA ($8) - Access for our Saturday session to dig all day to your hearts content NOON-5PM

🎟 Sunday GA (FREE) - Sunday is our FREE day where there will still be plenty of good records left and good times to be had 10AM - 4PM. Please RSVP on the ticket page to let us know you're coming

Set up in Norristown PA today at a brewery called Von C. Made a few bucks and saw some of my record nerd friends. They will probably do it again. IMG_3470.jpeg

Tonight in Philadelphia with my daughter from 4-10pm

First time trying this show

IMG_4036.jpeg

If I were in town for rsd where would I go that has the best chance of having most things but not so crazy I have to get in line at 3am?

I don't know how to answer this post Taylor Swift RSD last spring. I have no idea if that shitshow will have some permanent affect on increased RSD attendances going forward.

Anyway, I've had good experiences at Main Street Music in Manayunk, and Long in the Tooth in the city. Both get solid stocks. Long in the Tooth was much more orderly last time I went (offer you a list when in line, and you check what you want, they get it for you (of course it might be sold out)). Maybe Main Street does that now.

I don't get to the shops in Philadelphia proper too often. Would you be staying in the city itself?

From this search, I see Milkcrate Cafe and Repo on the list. Repo is on South Street (big tourist/party/shopping destination). Their used stock is expensive (rent must be crazy there). I have not been to Milkcrate Cafe.

Creep in West Chester is very high priced, I haven't been to the Philly location, but I avoid shops like those.

Hope those help a bit. Sorry, I am over an hour northwest of the city.

I don't get to the shops in Philadelphia proper too often. Would you be staying in the city itself?

From this search, I see Milkcrate Cafe and Repo on the list. Repo is on South Street (big tourist/party/shopping destination). Their used stock is expensive (rent must be crazy there). I have not been to Milkcrate Cafe.

Creep in West Chester is very high priced, I haven't been to the Philly location, but I avoid shops like those.

Hope those help a bit. Sorry, I am over an hour northwest of the city.

I'm willing to travel. Good chance If I'm in town I'm either staying by the airport or king of Prussia.

Sit & Spin is a cool shop, but it's SMALL. Good punk selections.

I don't know if he carries RSD stuff

Sit & Spin is a cool shop, but it's SMALL. Good punk selections.

I don't know if he carries RSD stuff

Looks like they have at least 2 of what I'm going to be looking for, they open at 10am, have a parking lot, signed the pledge, and there's a diner next door. So might be the winner if I stay by the airport

Looks like they have at least 2 of what I'm going to be looking for, they open at 10am, have a parking lot, signed the pledge, and there's a diner next door. So might be the winner if I stay by the airport

Goodies is out in the burbs, southwest of Philly, so actually not too bad a drive from the airport, since that is also south of the city. They usually get in a very small RSD selection. From what I've observed over the years, seems like they mainly get in RSD titles in the metal, classic rock, and then a few of the widely popular titles.

Really nice guy (if it's the same guy) so it's worth calling them today or tomorrow, since he might know already what he's gotten in, so at least you'll know. If you're looking for items outside their wheelhouse, then they may not have even ordered those.

This place is way off the beaten path in a working class neighborhood, so I don't think there would be much of a line.

Last edited:
Goodies is out in the burbs, southwest of Philly, so actually not too bad a drive from the airport, since that is also south of the city. They usually get in a very small RSD selection. From what I've observed over the years, seems like they mainly get in RSD titles in the metal, classic rock, and then a few of the widely popular titles.

Really nice guy (if it's the same guy) so it's worth calling them today or tomorrow, since he might know already what he's gotten in, so at least you'll know. If you're looking for items outside their wheelhouse, then they may not have even ordered those.

This place is way off the beaten path in a working class neighborhood, so I don't think there would be much of a line.

Yeah they posted a lot of what they got on Facebook. They for sure got Gorillaz and fleet foxes which are my top 2. They don't open until 10 so hoping I can show up at like 7 and be close to the front

Yeah they posted a lot of what they got on Facebook. They for sure got Gorillaz and fleet foxes which are my top 2. They don't open until 10 so hoping I can show up at like 7 and be close to the front
I'll be interested to hear your report back. If you get there at 7, I'm thinking you'll be the only person in line maybe till 9, but I might be wrong! Better safe than sorry! I'm very confident that your plan will result in success. I might pop over at 9:45 to say hi and see what they got.

Last year I lined up when I was in western MA at 6AM for an 8AM store opening bc the store I was going reported receiving only a single Magnetic Fields copy. I arrived and there were like 8 Swifties who had been there overnight. Those two hours of conversation gave me some insight into that fandom, and I do know some TS music so I could navigate my way around the TS universe, but two hours was just about my limit in hearing about all things Swift related :)

Last edited:
I'll be interested to hear your report back. If you get there at 7, I'm thinking you'll be the only person in line maybe till 9, but I might be wrong! Better safe than sorry! I'm very confident that your plan will result in success. I might pop over at 9:45 to say hi and see what they got.

Last year I lined up when I was in western MA at 6AM for an 8AM store opening bc the store I was going reported receiving only a single Magnetic Fields copy. I arrived and there were like 8 Swifties who had been there overnight. Those two hours of conversation gave me some insight into that fandom, and I do know some TS music so I could navigate my way around the TS universe, but two hours was just about my limit in hearing about all things Swift related :)

Never know. 7am might be too late even. But I'll probably plan to get there sometime around then. I have to be done and on the road by 10:30 so it should work out

I grew up around here and the Gateway is the best bad diner around.

Back