Personal Development - Improving yourself for the decade ahead

blissfullychaotic

As a former full time university instructor turned software engineer, looking back on how I got to where I am, it could not have been done without someone helping me learn a set of skills I previously did not know about or did not think I could acquire (i.e. not smart enough).

As we enter a new decade and people have started making goals about how they will make this year better than the last, I wanted to create a thread that could help people stay on top of their goals so they can get to where they want to be.

N&G is home to people of all fields with all different kind of skill sets. With that in mind, I'd like to open the door for community members to offer support if they're able to.

An opportunity for all members looking for help in specific areas or offering help that they have experience in, to other members of the forum.

Last edited:
Offering Help

@blissfulychaotic ~ Offering Software Development lessons (Ruby/PHP/Javascript) ~ contact via DM

@Tyr ~ contact via DM or LinkedIn ~ can help in the following areas
  • Executive strategy
  • M&A planning/execution
  • Project management
  • Operational/Financial performance
  • Rapid-cycle improvement
  • Corporate compliance
  • Contract analysis
  • Process improvement/efficiency
  • Revenue cycle management
  • Business plans
  • Pro Forma
  • Leadership & personal development

@LeSamourai ~ Foriegn Language ~ Spanish ~

@nolalady ~ Analytics ~ can provide help in the following fields
  • Math
  • Statistics
  • SAS/SQL/Databases
  • Scientific Writing/ Presentations

Last edited:
This is a wonderful idea, Bliss. I’d love to help out others if I am able.

I work in the healthcare sector (feel free to look me up on LinkedIn) as a consultant. I am a certified Lean Six Sigma black belt (CSSBB), certified professional of healthcare quality (CPHQ), and hold certifications in Change Management and Kaizen (root cause analysis).

I can help with:
  • Executive strategy
  • M&A planning/execution
  • Project management
  • Corporate compliance
  • Contract analysis
  • Business plans
  • Pro Forma
I’m actually working right now on writing my own business leadership and development book after having taught leadership courses for the past couple years.

Feel free to reach out to me in this thread, via DM, or on LinkedIn if you prefer. Happy to help!

This is a wonderful idea, Bliss. I’d love to help out others if I am able.

I work in the healthcare sector (feel free to look me up on LinkedIn) as a consultant. I am a certified Lean Six Sigma black belt (CSSBB), certified professional of healthcare quality (CPHQ), and hold certifications in Change Management and Kaizen (root cause analysis).

I can help with:
  • Executive strategy
  • M&A planning/execution
  • Project management
  • Corporate compliance
  • Contract analysis
  • Business plans
  • Pro Forma
I’m actually working right now on writing my own business leadership and development book after having taught leadership courses for the past couple years.

Feel free to reach out to me in this thread, via DM, or on LinkedIn if you prefer. Happy to help!
Thanks for be willing to offer your expertise to the community! You've got such a vast area of experience that will surely benefit someone who's in need! I can't wait to read your book!

• Cheers
Reactions: Tyr
I also work in the healthcare field, but on the analytical side. My degrees are in math and statistics.

I can definitely help out anyone struggling with any sort of math or stats projects, but my specialty is in population health statistics. I can do clinical trial stats in a pinch and remember statistical models, but would probably have to jog my memory on anything other than some basic prevalence rates, student's T, Chi square, and linear regression. I did my master's thesis on a specific kind of logarithmic regression, but I would have to go back and brush up on that too.
I also program very well in SAS and SQL. I am okay in SPSS and R. I did a lot of MS Access coding in my younger days, but can still bumble my way around MS VBA. I'm an excel power user and usually set up at least one macro embedded excel a year.
I have experience with scientific writing and scientific (health related) presentations.
I have a good intuition with databases, and regularly pull from them to create population statistics, usually in excel, so anything with data cleaning, pulling and presenting.

Back