Oceanic Members.

Work has kept me away last couple of weeks but nice to hear from you!
@Thackeraye VERY keen on Stereonet fair - been eyeing that off for a while...

Oh man - I know Covid is far from over but super excited about upcoming gigs in Melbourne after having so many cancelled on me (The National x 2, Big Thief, Tame Impala... arrggghhh can't even think about it).

So far have locked in:
- Wolf Alice April The Forum
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs & Wet Leg (I think at the Forum again)
- The Strokes (I think that's at Rod Laver no?)

Anyone got some goodies locked in?

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing? Ooh, will have to investigate. Tempted with the Nick Cave Hanging Rock gig.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing? Ooh, will have to investigate. Tempted with the Nick Cave Hanging Rock gig.
Yah - side gig from Splendour. Wet Leg are meant to be awesome too - they are doing a side-gig to their side-gig at Howler too

@Thackeraye VERY keen on Stereonet fair - been eyeing that off for a while...

Oh man - I know Covid is far from over but super excited about upcoming gigs in Melbourne after having so many cancelled on me (The National x 2, Big Thief, Tame Impala... arrggghhh can't even think about it).

So far have locked in:
- Wolf Alice April The Forum
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs & Wet Leg (I think at the Forum again)
- The Strokes (I think that's at Rod Laver no?)

Anyone got some goodies locked in?

Doing Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne over the next few months. First time we've committed since Covid. Lime Cordiale, BENEE and Oliver Tree are a strange mix but not trying to go huge just yet.

I'm in in the unenviable position of really wanting to go to shows but also saving for a house that we've committed to.

I was keen on the Nick Cave Warren Ellis gig too but will probably miss it.

It's also killed my vinyl procurement but hey...guess we'll have a house by late next year.

I do have the twice postponed Avalanches show with Adelaide Symphony in May. They're doing a one off to celebrate the anniversary of Since I Left You. It was going to be during the Illuminate festival in SA that the Avalanches were curating last year but you know...those pesky border closures.

Oh and I bought my wife tickets to see Ball Park Music at the Forum in July for our Anniversary.

Also, they've started charging $50 on top of your ticket price for getting seats in the booths at the Forum now.
That is somemotherfuckinbullshit.

Any of you guys putting VMP releases into a record shop in Chelsea Heights - J&J? Was looking at their store on Discogs over the weekend and saw a few for sale. @NathanRicaud - you still Bayside?

I've seen this guy at several record fairs and noticed he always has a few VMP titles (at a markup) - I assumed he has some subs and just on-sells but I have never asked.

Any of you guys putting VMP releases into a record shop in Chelsea Heights - J&J? Was looking at their store on Discogs over the weekend and saw a few for sale. @NathanRicaud - you still Bayside?
Yes! I live in the inner city, but I still see my parents twice a week and they live close to Chelsea Heights! I have to check out this record shop!! Thanks for the recommendation! 😃😍👀

Aspendale, Nathan! Moved over in July. Loving it so far!
Omg, no way!!! My parents live in Parkdale which is really close by to you! We regularly dine out and get ice cream in Mordialloc too! I’m so happy to hear you’re loving it too - Aspendale beach is really nice! 👌🏖🌊

I live in South Yarra on Chapel St, so if you ever go out closeby (I dine out most nights and am always out Fri-Sun), you should come over if I’m home!!! 🎼🤘🥃

I was born in Melbourne and I love the city - there’s so many awesome clubs close to me as well that just have an awesome aesthetic with a dedicated crowd! If you ever want a bit of a wild night out, we can go out and you can crash at mine! 🕺😈😵🦄🌀

And there’s really cool bars and restaurants in the inner city too! I dine out for dinner 5 times a week on average - so I have heaps of favourites! 🎯🎯🎯

Aspendale, Nathan! Moved over in July. Loving it so far!
There’s a lot of concerts I’m going to in the next few months (in particular June and July), so if you go to gigs, let me know and my and my friends/siblings will meet you or I’ll come down to say hi because I’d love to meet you!

Do you go to concerts? Also, it would be so fun eating out and then going to record stores in the Fitzroy / Collingwood area! If you ever want to do that with a vinyl buddy, then I’m you guy! 🤓🙋‍♂️🔍

I didn’t bother this RSD. Nothing leapt out to me as a must have. Saving for house and land is great and all but my collection is suffering.
Same here! The records I purchased today were all non-RSD pressings! 😗

Good luck with saving for the house! I hope it all goes really smoothly for you and that you’re able to save more money quicker than you expect! 📈💰

That’s awesome you’re going to be buying a house! Hope you end up in a suburb you love and in a house where you’re instantly connected to/drawn to positively! ✅🏠🌻🦦

@NathanRicaud - I’m actually closer to Mordy, and we love the shops and stuff there. I’m working in St Kilda Road, so pretty close to Chapel St! Haven’t done a proper Chap Lap yet though…

@Lacubrious - I know the feeling! We are saving as well, but the record shops here are so good. Been using them to explore the city. Greville winning so far, but the rest have been great.

There’s a lot of concerts I’m going to in the next few months (in particular June and July), so if you go to gigs, let me know and my and my friends/siblings will meet you or I’ll come down to say hi because I’d love to meet you!

Do you go to concerts? Also, it would be so fun eating out and then going to record stores in the Fitzroy / Collingwood area! If you ever want to do that with a vinyl buddy, then I’m you guy! 🤓🙋‍♂️🔍
Thanks Nathan, much appreciated. Got tickets for Boris and Chelsea Wolfe, and there are a few others I fancy as well.

@NathanRicaud - I’m actually closer to Mordy, and we love the shops and stuff there. I’m working in St Kilda Road, so pretty close to Chapel St! Haven’t done a proper Chap Lap yet though…

@Lacubrious - I know the feeling! We are saving as well, but the record shops here are so good. Been using them to explore the city. Greville winning so far, but the rest have been great.
Let’s go out for dinner one night on Chapel after you finish work - I’ll take you to a restaurant I consider very ‘Melbournian’ and my shout too! Then we can go to Messina for dessert if we feel like it or we can either have cheeky dessert cocktails at Electric (such a great bar/club)! And then if you’re down, we can go back to my apartment and put on some audiophile pressings and you can stay over! That would be so fun! 😄

PS - I love Greville Records too! It’s the best record store in Melbourne’s South-East! Although I do love Audiophile Reference Recordings in Cheltenham because I’m a sucker for audiophile pressings!!! The place is expensive though! 🤑

Thanks Nathan, much appreciated. Got tickets for Boris and Chelsea Wolfe, and there are a few others I fancy as well.
Ah sweet! I saw that they’re both part of the RISING shows that’s occurring in June! I’m going to Moses Sumney, Yussef Dayes, Tkay Maidza and Masego for the RISING shows! My friends are going to Sampa the Great so I’ll probably go to that too!

Even though I’m not as familiar with Boris or Chelsea Wolfe, I kind of want to go to at least one of them to see you! 💀

Same with you @Lacubrious - my cheeky Melbourne boy! Let me know what concerts you go to as there’s a good chance I’ll be going too! I’ve got around 16-17 concerts booked this year already and I’m sure you’ll be going to at least one of them! 😜

Really wish I saw you that night we both saw Weyes Blood at The Recital Centre!!! 😭

Back