Oceanic Members.

Ah sweet! I saw that they’re both part of the RISING shows that’s occurring in June! I’m going to Moses Sumney, Yussef Dayes, Tkay Maidza and Masego for the RISING shows! My friends are going to Sampa the Great so I’ll probably go to that too!

Even though I’m not as familiar with Boris or Chelsea Wolfe, I kind of want to go to at least one of them to see you! 💀
Aye, happy to say hello if you choose to get a ticket. I’m there with a pal, so don’t feel like you need to get a ticket so I’m not going on my own! I also fancied going to the Stereonet thing in June, so we could pick a day (any day except the Friday!).

Let’s get an Aussie N&G meet-up planned!

Same with you @Lacubrious - my cheeky Melbourne boy! Let me know what concerts you go to as there’s a good chance I’ll be going too! I’ve got around 16-17 concerts booked this year already and I’m sure you’ll be going to at least one of them! 😜

Really wish I saw you that night we both saw Weyes Blood at The Recital Centre!!! 😭

Tickets like records, are few and far between for me mate. I’ve got The Avalanches next month in Adelaide. That show was delayed from last year though.

I’ve got Ball Park Music in June and Khruangbin with Kamasi Washington in December.

Nick Cave / Warren Ellis & Pixies sold out. I’d like to check out Moses Sumney if the tickets can hold out but not concerned if I miss it. I might look at getting tickets for Fat Freddy’s Drop in October. Their shows are always the best.

Tickets like records, are few and far between for me mate. I’ve got The Avalanches next month in Adelaide. That show was delayed from last year though.

I’ve got Ball Park Music in June and Khruangbin with Kamasi Washington in December.

Nick Cave / Warren Ellis & Pixies sold out. I’d like to check out Moses Sumney if the tickets can hold out but not concerned if I miss it. I might look at getting tickets for Fat Freddy’s Drop in October. Their shows are always the best.
Is Pixies sold out? Shit.

Let’s go Saturday! I’m seeing Yussef Dayes and will be happy to go late to the show! Sunday I’m seeing Tkay Maidza and there’s a big group of us going and I think we’re going to be doing dinner and pre’s beforehand!

If it’s during the day though, either Saturday or Sunday probably will work! This Stereonet Hi-Fi event looks amazing and I’m keen as mustard to go, especially as I love audiophile quality sound!!! 😍💥

Fuck it, I’m getting a ticket which means you have to as well! And whatever day you’re going to, out of Saturday or Sunday, I’ll go that day too! 🙊

I’m going to The Pixies guys!!! It’s the only concert I got a ticket just for myself too as I didn’t know anyone who even knew them!

I wasn’t going to get tickets but……. (Can’t believe I’m saying this) because of Melbourne Money, I got so much cashback on concerts! I used my siblings and parents cards and names to get cashback for them and then made them transfer me that cashback! 💀🤫🙈

That’s absolutely insane the Avalanches show you were supposed to still hasn’t happened! 🤯😲🕰

Didn’t you go to their show last year at The Espy? It was a great show and one of the DJ’s beforehand - Soju gang - played an amazing set! It was a really fun show and it felt like everyone really just got into the grooves and let loose! You’ll have a blast at the show at Adelaide! It’ll be mint! 👌👌👌

Let’s get an Aussie N&G meet-up planned!
Yes, let’s do it! I’ve actually never met anyone from this forum or even from the Vinyl Me Please forum in person!

When I was at Goldmine records today, I was talking to a guy at the counter when we were both purchasing and he got a Gram Parsons record and I was talking about how I’ve got the VMP pressing and how it sounds amazing because it’s an AAA pressing done by Ryan Smith. And we talked about Analogue Productions UHQR - about the Miles Kind of Blue pressing - and he said he’ll probably open it on Election Day and I was like “huh!?” and giggled so much!

And it was at that moment that….I really did realise that I generally really love and connect with record collectors! So I’d love to meet you guys and spin some records and chat and just hang out! 🐌🐣🦧🦚

Omg, I feel like I sound like a crazy person with how over the top and enthusiastic I’m being right now lmao! 😂😂😂
I can’t wait to turn into a puppy when I meet you guys and drain all your energy out! 👻🤡🐶💨

Jokes! Haha I’m actually very easy going and relaxed! I’m just such a passionate person and am very adventurous in nature! 🍋

@AngryVal - Did you get a ticket for the Stereonet thing?
Is @AngryVal and @Lacubrious the same person!? I think I might be getting the two mixed up! 🙈

Omg, that means there’s four of us boys in Melbourne!!! @Rowan - Do you live in Melbourne too!?!?!? Maybe there’s five of us boys in Melbs!!!!!!!! 😱👀👀👀😱 You better say YES because I’m obsessed with your dog and because I love your dog, I will most likely love you!!! 😆🐶

Was not a fan of that! Felt a bit too busy, and I didn't really feel like I could take in anything. Hard to work out what anything sounded like, especially as they are playing audiophile wank to show the stuff off. Don't think any of them would have appreciated me testing their systems out by cranking Dopethrone at a decent volume. Ended up getting some records, ironically from that J&J's place that's a 15 minute drive from my house.

Back