November 2022 Challenge Thread: The TV Guide Challenge

Sunday November 27

9:00 PM ㊿ Game Of Thrones

Play something with a Game Of Thrones feel to it

More Star Wars than Game of Thrones, but still one of my favorites.

1669620265873.png

11:00 PM. ㉖ MTV 120 Minutes

Play an artist that was featured on 120 minutes (bonus points if you can find a clip)

Ween - White Pepper

1669620274529.png

Live performance of Freedom of '76 @ 5:39

Saturday November 26
7:00 AM ❺ NBC Saturday Morning Cartoon Block
Pour yourself a big bowl of Cap’n Crunch and hunker down for the best part of the week as a kid. Spin a record that has cartoony elements.

I was a Saturday Morning cartoon junkie, and my kids and I definitely bonded over some of the great Cartoon Network shows. Dexters Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Camp Lazlo, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, etc. And we are lucky enough to have been able to go to San Diego Comic Con pretty consistently and get to see panels with the casts of many of the aforementioned shows.,

This particular show created by Andre 3000 surprisingly only got one season, featured him as a music teacher, and I thought was very well done from both a music and production standpoint. The year it came out we got to go to a panel for the show, and then get the soundtrack signed (pic of my kid w/ him from the signing).

Andre 3000 ~ Class of 3000 Soundtrack

1669658265802.png
1669658290938.png

12:30 AM ④ PUBLIC ACCESS Squirt TV - if you're going to do something right do it yourself
AND
7:58 AM ㉘ TWC Your Local Weather - when you're right 62% of the time...
PXL_20221128_175710482.jpg

Robert Pollard "Kid Marine" - when I hear DIY and lo-fi I think of Robert Pollard and Guided by Voices so that's good enough of an excuse to spin this one!
AND
People Under the Stairs "Acid Raindrops" (single) - not the most ideal weather situation you could find yourself in...I like the back cover to this more than the front, which is just the group's name..

Sunday November 27
9:00 PM Game Of Thrones

9:00 PM ㊿ HBO Game Of Thrones
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Nonagon Infinity

Game of Thrones had kings, gizzards, lizards and wizards!

And lots of Ice and Death! (and presumably Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms, and Lava). And if any of the Starks was a Gizzard fan, I'd put my money on Arya.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~ Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms, and Lava

1669659297712.png

Sunday November 27
11:00 PM. ㉖ MTV 120 Minutes
Play an artist that was featured on 120 minutes (bonus points if you can find a clip)

Live - Throwing Copper

View attachment 159186

Not gonna lie, this album still hits hard.
And this performance is pretty great!

I streamed this in the car on the way back from dropping my son of at his mom's yesterday and I'm very grateful for your inspiring that. It's still great after all these years!

Play something you consider DIY/LoFi

Yep, this is DIY alright. This project isn't together anymore, but I'm proud of the work done. The cover was my concept and design; the band let me run with it and were so into it on shoot day. Mad respect for all involved.

IMG_2791.JPG

Monday November 28th
12:30 AM ④ PUBLIC ACCESS Squirt TV
and…
7:58 AM ㉘ TWC Your Local Weather

Decided to post them both at once since they can both easily fit in one photo!

M Ross Perkins - Wrong Wrong Wrong
and…
John Cougar Mellencamp - Rain on the Scarecrow

4FBBFEB6-F7F4-424A-8D53-D74AF5E5E288.jpeg

All the instruments & vocals on both sides of the M Ross Perkins single (along with the album that followed) were performed entirely by him and recorded at his home. I’d consider that pretty DIY.
the Mellencamp single is kinda self-explanatory.

Last edited:
Sunday November 27

And lots of Ice and Death! (and presumably Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms, and Lava). And if any of the Starks was a Gizzard fan, I'd put my money on Arya.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~ Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms, and Lava

View attachment 159283

I refuse to look at other people’s choices until I make mine because I don’t want them the influence my pick. I only check to make sure no one scooped mine. Glad that so many people though Gizz for this and that no one took the album I wanted to play lol

Sunday November 27

AEB0F110-33A7-4974-810E-4B71B25352CF.jpeg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

Back