November 2022 Challenge Thread: The TV Guide Challenge

Friday November 25, 2000
7:00 PM ❺ NBC Freaks & Geeks

Play something that was a little freaky and/or geeking that you enjoyed in High School

Geeks

They Might Be Giants - Flood

1669533793442.png

7:30 PM ⓭ Fox Undeclared

Play an artist you discovered when you were in college/after moved away from home

Supergrass - I Should Coco

1669533933783.png

Saturday November 26
7:00 AM ❺ NBC Saturday Morning Cartoon Block

Pour yourself a big bowl of Cap’n Crunch and hunker down for the best part of the week as a kid. Spin a record that has cartoony elements.

1669534169327.png

11:00 AM ㉚ USA WWF Superstars of Wrestling

Play something that could be your ring entrance music

Faith No More - The Real Thing

Track - Surprise! You're Dead!

1669534190663.png

9:00 PM ㊿ Game Of Thrones - 6 seasons and a movie
AND
11:00 PM. ㉖ MTV 120 Minutes - seems long, also looking through people that played on that show I would have watched religiously!
PXL_20221127_130805930.jpg

Godspeed You! Black Emperor "lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven" - probably wouldn't be a happy even if this was playing but I think it would set the mood right!
AND
Stereolab "Mars Audiac Quintet" - came really late to this band but they are fantastic! They were also on 120 minutes!

Sunday November 27

9:00 PM ㊿ HBO Game Of Thrones
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
149176EA-0354-400B-AFBF-0A788A3DF06D.jpeg
Mastodon’s mix of Proggy/Fantasy Metal was such a great fit they not only did they write a song for the show but they actually cameo on the show twice!
29C324E6-7017-4409-9291-108FFED2FE31.jpeg

11:00PM. ㉖ MTV 120 Minutes
Jeff Buckley - Grace
E47FD345-E026-4EA8-A9BA-FA81BAD8BD50.jpeg

120 Minutes was worth staying up for especially in the late 90s when MTV began their descent to Pop/ Rap Metal/ Reality TV irrelevance. Matt Pinfield was a walking music encyclopedia. Dave Kendall (before) and Jim Shearer (after) were excellent host as well. Pre-Internet, 120 Minutes was one of the main outlets to discover music that was apart of the mainstream.

I have no idea what would fit here
Style wise, I would say Medieval Fantasy, Swords, Dragons, D&D, LOTR type shit.

But you could go with one of the many artist’s featured on the show as well. GOT had lots of musical cameos, besides Mastodon, the show also featured, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Sigur Ròs, Of Monster Of Men, and Chris Stapleton.

Also, both The Hold Steady and The National preformed songs for the show.

I am not familiar with Parish Hall so will have to check that one out.

Style wise, I would say Medieval Fantasy, Swords, Dragons, D&D, LOTR type shit.

But you could go with one of the many artist’s featured on the show as well. GOT had lots of musical cameos, besides Mastodon, the show also featured, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Sigur Ròs, Of Monster Of Men, and Chris Stapleton.

Also, both The Hold Steady and The National preformed songs for the show.

I am not familiar with Parish Hall so will have to check that one out.
They kinda have a classic rock sound, pretty enjoyable and gets a spin occasionally.

Back