November 2022 Challenge Thread: The TV Guide Challenge

Monday November 21

7:30 PM ❻ CBS Newhart

Dick Louden and his wife ran The Stratford Inn in Rural Vermont. Play something that references life on the road, or a Vacation/Holiday

Larry (Jolivet) plays bass on When Teardrops Fall and Daryl (Johnson) plays percussion on Everything is Broken. No sign of the other brother Darryl though.

Bob Dylan ~ Oh Mercy

1669050264359.png

Monday November 21
7:00 PM ❺ NBC My Two Dads
The Libertines - Up The Bracket
B252EDF9-A5B4-457E-AF26-A9E5F40B0242.jpeg
My Two Dads was not a good show but it was the launching pad for Paul Reiser and the girl would later costar in another great 90s family sitcom, Step By Step. It also featured a young Giovanni Ribisi and had a crossover episode that featured Bull from Night Court, Oh and it also featured Chicago Bears legend Dick Butkus.

Personally I have a tough time telling apart Pete and Carl from a vocal standpoint but they are co-leads splitting singing and songwriting duties down the middle.

Kurt Vile - (watch my moves)
30513C99-9583-426F-AF84-9060B7F78565.jpeg
I love Newhart, it takes the first two seasons to really take off and hit its stride essentially it was Bob Newhart’s character playing it straight in a quirky New England town full of weirdos and eccentrics.

Kurt Vile stated the during the promotion in the run up to the albums release that the record thematically dealt with life as touring musician, being away from family and friends for long stretches.

Monday November 21
Play something that references life on the road, or a Vacation/Holiday

Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time
Song: “Beach House”

A8280FAC-DC66-48E9-9B64-86FE29BF495B.jpeg

Today is my birthday, and I always make a point to play both Carly Rae and Bjork on this day every year because it’s their birthday, too. And Ken Griffey Jr, but he has not yet released an album. Our whole household has been enjoying this record. I mean, did Taylor Swift get Rufus Wainwright on her record?

Last edited:
Sunday November 20
9:00 PM ㊺ AMC Mad Men
Mad Men Creator and Showrunner, Matthew Weiner had AMC fork over $250K to have “Tomorrow Never Knows” featured in the above scene. Play an album that cost you a pretty penny

I really like to stay in that $40 and under for a single album area, this was a bit more. Not crazy money, but enough that I had to think about it.

Sloan - The Double Cross

24172EDD-2109-46DD-A1DE-14013AF4602F.jpeg

Mathias Kom & Toby Goodshank – Miller Time
20221121_203442.jpg

The man behind The Burning Hell and a former acoustic guitar player for The Moldy Peaches playing Roger Miller tunes.

.......:::::::::::::::::::::.......

Wu-Lu – Loggerhead
20221121_203308.jpg

"Road Trip"

Monday November 21

Play an album that features two male leads

Dick Louden and his wife ran The Stratford Inn in Rural Vermont. Play something that references life on the road, or a Vacation/Holiday

Triple double (3rd two-fer)

Eagles - Hotel California

1669105574098.png

8:00 PM ⑯ WB Gilmore Girls - now with musical cameos!
AND
8:00 PM ⑰ NBC Frasier - hear the blues calling and respond in kind with grunge...

PXL_20221122_124118907.jpg

Yo La Tengo "Summer Sun" - Give me the option to play Yo La Tengo and I'm sure as shit going to play me some Yo La Tengo!
AND
METZ "S/T" - ahhh yes grunge legends METZ!! okay I was the right age for when grunge hit but I was totally into other shit and although aware of what was happening nothing really moved me like the rap music I was and had been before that was moving me so it never clicked...of course years later I probably listen to more artists from that era than I do rap music from then but I still don't really buy it all that much! I knew this so I checked my Discogs and this was the only hit when I searched grunge in my collection...I do have a Nirvana album that I already played BTW...as here we go, throw on some flannel, toss some salad and scramble some eggs because we're going to party like it's 1991!!!

Back