Nick Cave

Well, only a t-shirt and sweatshirt for sale at these conversations shows. Oh, and a bag.

Yeah there wasn't much good for mine in January too, it was mostly Red Hand Files specific too, I remember there even being a tea towel which is a strange choice.

How was the show?

Yeah there wasn't much good for mine in January too, it was mostly Red Hand Files specific too, I remember there even being a tea towel which is a strange choice.

How was the show?
Show was good, but would rather have an actual Nick solo on the piano show. I'm guessing played about 12 songs in the better part of the 3 hours. Just some cringeworthy moments/questions from the crowd. I don't really love people to begin with, and damn I was on point with this group. But it is Portland, and I kind of expect this type of action anymore.

Show was good, but would rather have an actual Nick solo on the piano show. I'm guessing played about 12 songs in the better part of the 3 hours. Just some cringeworthy moments/questions from the crowd. I don't really love people to begin with, and damn I was on point with this group. But it is Portland, and I kind of expect this type of action anymore.

Haha yeah sounds about right for what I've heard from the rest of them. There was a guy at mine who spent a solid minute introducing his wife and 4 kids to Nick and explaining how it's their first ever gig and even though they don't get it now they'll thank him for it when they're older. At the end Nick sarcastically asks if he could repeat that? And the idiot actually did. I think he was too nervous and just panicked when Nick spoke and didn't know what else to do but take him literally haha.

We had some really good, surprising and touching stuff happen during the QA though as well which was good.

You know it's a good Red Hand Files post when music media start publishing articles that are essentially just out of context quotes:

Seriously though it is a good one, on point as always.

Went to the In Conversation show last night and had a blast. He only played 11 songs in 3 hours, the event was more like a group therapy session than a rock concert. I knew I had good seats because Brad Pitt sat next to me and Chris Martin behind me. Nice to see the celeb love for Nick.

I'm guessing he and Brad might be old buds from working on Johnny Suede together. Cool that he showed up nonetheless.

Has anyone listened through all of part i and part 2 of the b-sides and rarities?

I got part 2 on vinyl but feel like I don’t really need (or have shelf space for) part 1.

Just would be interested if anyone has any favorite tracks they’d recommend checking out.

Has anyone listened through all of part i and part 2 of the b-sides and rarities?

I got part 2 on vinyl but feel like I don’t really need (or have shelf space for) part 1.

Just would be interested if anyone has any favorite tracks they’d recommend checking out.

"Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Reverentum" is a personal favourite Nick Cave piece for me. It was one of 2 hidden tracks that came in the negative timestamp before the first track of the Songs in the Key of X soundtrack for the X-Files TV show (the other being The Dirty Three's version of the show theme) and once I'd figured out how to access it (thanks to a cryptic clue in the liner notes) I listened to it probably two or three times for every time I played the rest of the soundtrack.

Back