NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

As a Predators fan I like this trade. McDonagh is a pretty solid defenseman and we were shaky there this year. I don't think the Preds are nuts about Fabrro long term. Myers was terrible and will likely be bought out by Tampa Bay. Mishmash wasn’t even that good in Milwaukee so I doubt he amounts to much in Tampa. Strictly a cap trade for Tampa.
Think top D pairing with Josi or second pair? Agreed on McDonagh being a sold D man.

What the hell is going on in here? I was just awakened by a blood curdling shriek, I assumed it was my usual midday goat sacrifice but then I come in here and find @Mather screaming into a pillow.

What have you done to h-

-reads prior post-

OH SWEET JESUS NO

The Pittsburgh Penguins re-signed goaltender Casey DeSmith to a two-year contract worth $1.8 million per season, the team announced Tuesday.

DeSmith, 30, was one of few goaltenders set to hit the unrestricted free agent market this offseason.

He's spent his entire four-year career with the Penguins, posting a .915 save percentage in 96 appearances primarily as a backup.

The Penguins have seven remaining UFAs on their roster, most notably superstars and franchise icons Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang. Pittsburgh has roughly $21 million in cap space after DeSmith's new deal, according to Cap Friendly.

The Pittsburgh Penguins re-signed goaltender Casey DeSmith to a two-year contract worth $1.8 million per season, the team announced Tuesday.

DeSmith, 30, was one of few goaltenders set to hit the unrestricted free agent market this offseason.

He's spent his entire four-year career with the Penguins, posting a .915 save percentage in 96 appearances primarily as a backup.

The Penguins have seven remaining UFAs on their roster, most notably superstars and franchise icons Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang. Pittsburgh has roughly $21 million in cap space after DeSmith's new deal, according to Cap Friendly.

Back