NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

Right. I'm pretty sure it's the same type of league I used use to participate in with some buddies. Been a while though.

Sure, I'll play. I'll do my best, but I haven't followed so much lately.
Hey, neither have I! It should be fun, though.

Everyone who has confirmed that they want to join, please PM me your email address and I'll try to get a league set up later today or tomorrow.

Corey Crawford has taken an indefinite leave of absence from the New Jersey Devils for personal reasons, the club announced Friday.

The Devils signed the veteran goaltender to a two-year, $7.8-million contract in October.

Crawford, who turned 36 on Dec. 31, played his first 13 NHL seasons with the Chicago Blackhawks. He helped Chicago win the Stanley Cup in 2013 and 2015.

And it starts and the season hasn't even begun yet 😬

Six players and two staff members of the Dallas Stars recently tested positive for COVID-19, the club announced Friday. As a result of the positive tests, the league is in the process of reviewing and revising the team's schedule with the expectation that the club won't open its 2020-21 season until Jan. 19 at the earliest.

The regular season is set to begin on Jan. 13.

More to come.

And it starts and the season hasn't even begun yet 😬

Six players and two staff members of the Dallas Stars recently tested positive for COVID-19, the club announced Friday. As a result of the positive tests, the league is in the process of reviewing and revising the team's schedule with the expectation that the club won't open its 2020-21 season until Jan. 19 at the earliest.

The regular season is set to begin on Jan. 13.

More to come.
This is what is going to make this fantasy season wild!! Hopefully they get it under control though and it doesnt continue throughout the season

Does tomorrow afternoon at, say, 3:00 Eastern work for everyone for a draft? Let me know.

We'll also have to decide scoring categories and roster construction. I propose we keep it fairly simple: maybe 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, and 2 goalies, with 2 or 3 bench positions so there's not too much maintenance. Unlimited trades, but maybe only 2 or 3 free agent adds per week so you can't cycle infinitely and win via simply more games played. Minimum 3 goalie appearances per week.

For scoring, I hate using plus-minus because it disincentivizes choosing players from bad teams and PIM because you shouldn't get points for a player being a liability on his team.

Does tomorrow afternoon at, say, 3:00 Eastern work for everyone for a draft? Let me know.

We'll also have to decide scoring categories and roster construction. I propose we keep it fairly simple: maybe 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, and 2 goalies, with 2 or 3 bench positions so there's not too much maintenance. Unlimited trades, but maybe only 2 or 3 free agent adds per week so you can't cycle infinitely and win via simply more games played. Minimum 3 goalie appearances per week.

For scoring, I hate using plus-minus because it disincentivizes choosing players from bad teams and PIM because you shouldn't get points for a player being a liability on his team.

I agree with everything. For COVID purposes maybe 1 extra bench position we normally wouldn't have? Or is there an IR-type thing? Bazooka (who I think is farthest) said 4:00 EST worked best but 3 may work too! I'm down either way. I'll be getting ready for the Saints Bears playoff game on Nickelodeon 😎

Actually yea 15 players total works imo even with COVID

Sunday afternoon at 3:00 works for me.

I agree with everything. For COVID purposes maybe 1 extra bench position we normally wouldn't have? Or is there an IR-type thing? Bazooka (who I think is farthest) said 4:00 EST worked best but 3 may work too! I'm down either way. I'll be getting ready for the Saints Bears playoff game on Nickelodeon 😎

Actually yea 15 players total works imo even with COVID
Yeah, I imagine with COVID players who are held out for that reason will be put on some sort of IR. We can add two IR slots, which won't count toward your active roster, as well as one or two IR+ positions, which you can put day-to-day players on. At least I think I remember that's how it works.

Wow! This comes as a shock to me 😲

Goaltender Corey Crawford has announced his retirement from the NHL after playing 10 seasons and appearing in 488 regular-season games.

"I have been fortunate to have had a long career playing professional hockey for a living. I wanted to continue my career, but believe I've given all I can to the game of hockey, and I have decided that it is time to retire," Crawford said in a statement.

The 36-year-old won two Stanley Cups with the Chicago Blackhawks and recently signed with the New Jersey Devils.

More to come.

Back