NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

TRADE ALERT 🚨
The Tampa Bay Lightning dealt forward Vladislav Namestnikov to the San Jose Sharks for forward Michael Eyssimont, the Sharks announced Wednesday.

The Lightning are retaining 50% of Namestnikov's $2.5-million cap hit.

More to come.

TRADE ALERT 🚨

The Pittsburgh Penguins are trading for forward Mikael Granlund from the Nashville Predators in exchange for a second-round pick, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

More to come.

TRADE ALERT 🚨

The Pittsburgh Penguins are trading for forward Mikael Granlund from the Nashville Predators in exchange for a second-round pick, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

More to come.
We will take that second round pick and run with it and that’s another 5 million off the books. Can’t believe somebody traded for him.

The Bert and Hronek trades, both for picks, is Yzerman letting us know that the rebuild isn't quite ready for the next level yet.
We're a patient bunch here, but with all four Detroit teams stuck in rebuilds it's already been a loooong time since any team has had a playoff win, much less a run...so we're getting antsy. I actually think The Lions are the best hope, currently.

The Bert and Hronek trades, both for picks, is Yzerman letting us know that the rebuild isn't quite ready for the next level yet.
We're a patient bunch here, but with all four Detroit teams stuck in rebuilds it's already been a loooong time since any team has had a playoff win, much less a run...so we're getting antsy. I actually think The Lions are the best hope, currently.
Funny because somehow I thought the Wings were emerging from their rebuild and we're ahead of Ottawa but I guess not 🤷

💰💰💰

The Boston Bruins have signed superstar winger David Pastrnak to an eight-year contract extension worth $11.25 million per season, the team announced Thursday.

Pastrnak was due for unrestricted free agency this summer. His new deal will make him the league's sixth-highest paid player when it kicks in next season.

More to come.

TRADE ALERT 🚨

The Columbus Blue Jackets have traded veteran goaltender Jonathan Quick to the Vegas Golden Knights, reports Daily Faceoff's Frank Seravalli.

Terms of the deal aren't known at this point. Columbus acquired Quick and two draft picks on Wednesday from the Los Angeles Kings for Vladislav Gavrikov and Joonas Korpisalo.

More to come.

Back