NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

That's how I'd feel with him coming to my team... I don't especially dislike him, it's just he's not an interesting choice either. Track record is really just average.
Exactly. Unfortunately, thanks to the VGK, expectations are going be crazy for Seattle and Bruce doesn’t strike me as that kind of coach.

Bruce Boudreau has a very above average track record!

He seems to coach good teams that disappoint in the playoffs, for whatever reason. But that may be the best Seattle can get if they want to go with experience. Not sure who else would be available. I'd imagine Babcock is persona non-grata at this point....

He seems to coach good teams that disappoint in the playoffs, for whatever reason. But that may be the best Seattle can get if they want to go with experience. Not sure who else would be available. I'd imagine Babcock is persona non-grata at this point....
Babcock is going to coach at the University of Saskatchewan starting in May.

I did not know that... Seems like an unusual choice, but then he also strikes me as a guy that would have a hard time staying away from the game.
It was just announced the other day. He wanted to once again coach but most of all return to his hometown.

He probably wears on teams after a while, as all coaches do, but he wins an insane amount in the regular season. I wouldn't hold a bunch of game 7 losses against him. He's a better coach than the vast majority of coaches employed and is the best coach without a job.

Babcock is just rehabbing his image but I hope he never coaches again in the league.

How about not recycling one of the 20 same old white guys? This goes for basically any team in the league...have some imagination!!!

Here's a question... are any of the younger coaches poised to become part of the next generation of 20 old white guys? I'm thinking John Cooper should find other jobs whenever he's done in Tampa. Cassidy? Brind'amour?

Last edited:
Here's a question... are any of the younger coaches poised to become part of the next generation of 20 old while guys? I'm thinking John Cooper should find other jobs whenever he's done in Tampa. Cassidy? Brind'amour?
Brind'amour definitely will. In addition to being a very good coach he's got the double whammy of also having been a very good NHLer. Reputation matters more than anything to most of these team owners, even winning.

Back