New Year's Resolutions

Waitressboy

I thought this could be a fun idea.
What are your resolutions for 2020 in terms of vinyl collecting? You can also talk about equipment, or tapes, or CDs.
And maybe next December, if any of us remember this thread, we can check if we did it or not.

I don't have a lot, mainly because here collecting is expensive AF, but:
-I want to buy Emotion B-Sides on vinyl. (This one is doable)
-I want to buy the two Catatonia albums I still don't have (International Velvet and Paper Scissor Stone). (This one is going to be hard and expensive cause the only way to get it is via Discogs)
-I want to start buying all theCatatonia singles (idem).
-I want to buy Kate Miller-Heidke's vinyl, that apparently exists but I can't find them anywhere.

Last year we did a similar thread on the old forum, and before listing my 2020 New year resolutions I would like to look back on the resolutions I had at the begining of the year and how did I do in relation to them. I don't recall all of them (and cannot look them up because, well, VMP) but here are the ones I do remember:

-Spend less on records // Lol, this one was a complete failure. I may have spent more this year on vinyl than I did last year

-Get a new shelf for my records and system // I did get a couple new shelfs! Since I first moved out of my parents house I had a shitty DIY shelf made out of re-purposed pieces of wood, but this year I designed 3 shelfs and had a carpenter build them for me, and I'm very pleased with the result.
IMG_20191207_182920.jpg

-Listen to every record in my collection at least once // I'm currently in the process of spinning every record I own in the order they are laid on my shelf. I won't be done before the year ends, but between the records I've spun as part of this personal project and the ones I just spin because I feel like doing so, I think I have listened to 70-80% of the records I own.

I'll think about my resolutions for next year and share them later.

Back