New Music Friday!

Latest from Brother JT

Brother JT's latest collection of recordings is called "Shaky Jet Loner", which is an anagram (I think) for John Alan Terlesky, the artist's actual name.

A product of free time during the pandemic, it's mostly solo with Jamie Knerr adding drums to tracks 1, 4, 5, 7, and 9. "I like it," says JT, opening another bag of kettle chips.

More at HOME | Brother JT

Oh wait, I'm wrong, there were four albums released on New Year's day. What the fuck?

Apparently he also released a Nebraska cover album last year a la 1989.

One part of me is worried that in this Guided by Voices-style output each year, he’s putting out masterpieces that I’ll never hear. But then again, ehhhh

Apparently he also released a Nebraska cover album last year a la 1989.

One part of me is worried that in this Guided by Voices-style output each year, he’s putting out masterpieces that I’ll never hear. But then again, ehhhh
Yeah, I knew he did Nebraska. That 1985 thing in my third post is from last year as well and sucked any desire I thought I might have had to maybe listen to any of it.

Radar List for 1.12.24

Matthew Shipp & Steve Swell – Space Cube Jazz
Marika Hackman – Big Sigh
Anni Kiviniemi Trio — Eir
@ – Are You There God, It’s Me, @ EP
The Goddamsels – Better Than Single
Folly Group – Down There!
The Clamps – Megamouth
Ooh, Matthew Shipp!

I need to start casting my net wider for more jazz, I used to love that scene when I was younger. I've always loved David S. Ware's sax; the quartets he and Shipp, William Parker, and whoever else was playing drums at the time were always great.

Back