New digs!

SherlockOhms

Like most of us (I guess) I'm pretty much constantly digging for tunes - in my case it's somewhat amplified as I occasionally DJ, and I still run a (semi) regular 'Three on a Thursday' post on my blog, which drives me to keep finding tunes that're new to my ears.

Might be fun if people chucked up stuff that's new to them this week - not necessarily new releases/re-releases, but just stuff you've never heard before which grabs you, and explain what it is that grabs you about it

No genre rules, and no albums in their entirety. Share the love as it were.

To kick things off last weeks bits and pieces for me were:

DJ Yoda / Thornton Heath (feat. Omar) off his recently released 'Home Cooking' album - loving Omars neo-soul vocal and the scratched trumpet line.

Woxow / Chaos (feat Ken Boothe, Blurum13 & Akil) (DJ Maars Remix) - Proper playing out track for me, little sunny reggae-hop bubbler. Akil and Ken Boothe work so nicely together.

https://littlebeatmore.bandcamp.com/track/chaos-feat-ken-boothe-akil-the-mc-blurum13-dj-maars-remix

Aldo Vanucci / Get a Hold On This (feat. Kylie Auldist) - Modern Northern Soul stomper, and I love her voice ....

Cool, over here digs means, half, house, new rental property. So I’m a bit confused but now get it - What are you currently diggin?

First time I saw him must have been around 20-25 yrs ago. Blown away at that time by what he was doing - funky, fresh, nostalgic. I was also off my head on an assortment of goodies

This weeks bits and pieces

New mukatsuku! The Soul Grenades covering Daft Punk/Nile Rodgers/Pharells Get Lucky. Big stompy brass New Orleans style

Next up is a new cut from my favourite UK Hip-Hop label - High Focus. Such a simple beat, and (as an ex-drummer) the ride cymbal is lovely.

Last is more funk, just re-released. Original was done in 1965, but it's just been repressed.

Back