Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

I almost did but I have a tendency to go nuclear so that's why I was asking for some feedback here.

Here's the thing - I almost certainly have covid. My pharmacy down the street was shut down cause one of the employees had it (same pharmacy where one of the pharmacists yelled at me for practicing social distancing while some 70+ year old lady just stood a foot away from the prescription pickup counter. Add to that there's an old people home across the street from me and they all get their stuff from that same pharmacy (and they've had multiple cases of covid diagnosed over there).. But I'm stuck. I have to get food/prescriptions/whatever, I can't rely on anyone else to do it for me. So is it fair for me to get angry at them for jeopardizing their own health by coming in close proximity to me?

Or should I just self isolate and starve to death?
1. See if you can get the test
2. You should be wearing a mask when in public.

Just heard about a growing trend the FBI is warning about calls 'Zoom Bombing'.

According to the local news, several churches across the state have been 'Zoom bombed' and the FBI is investigating. Some business are reporting being 'zoom bombed' as well.

'Zoom Bombing' is when tolls login to public Zoom conferences and do what trolls do best.

A pastor hosting an online sermon reported the tolls logged in and started making all kinds of racist and homophobic remarks. They tried to mute them and remove them from the conference as fast as possible. But there were too many of them and they were popping in faster than they could be dealt with. They had to end the zoom meeting.

Ending the meeting is the only way to deal with a 'Zoom Bombing' according to the report.

You should always have a password protected Zoom conference / meeting. Never share that password publicly online. That's the advice experts are giving.

Also I found it surprising that if the culprits can be found, they likely can't be charged with hate crimes. At least when it comes to trolling church meetings. Apparently, under law, a place like a church that opens its doors to everyone everyone and all free speech is a loop hole that does not make this a hate crime.

I wonder if there is anything that can be done if they catch those responsible?

Just heard about a growing trend the FBI is warning about calls 'Zoom Bombing'.

According to the local news, several churches across the state have been 'Zoom bombed' and the FBI is investigating. Some business are reporting being 'zoom bombed' as well.

'Zoom Bombing' is when tolls login to public Zoom conferences and do what trolls do best.

A pastor hosting an online sermon reported the tolls logged in and started making all kinds of racist and homophobic remarks. They tried to mute them and remove them from the conference as fast as possible. But there were too many of them and they were popping in faster than they could be dealt with. They had to end the zoom meeting.

Ending the meeting is the only way to deal with a 'Zoom Bombing' according to the report.

You should always have a password protected Zoom conference / meeting. Never share that password publicly online. That's the advice experts are giving.

Also I found it surprising that if the culprits can be found, they likely can't be charged with hate crimes. At least when it comes to trolling church meetings. Apparently, under law, a place like a church that opens its doors to everyone everyone and all free speech is a loop hole that does not make this a hate crime.

I wonder if there is anything that can be done if they catch those responsible?
What about the issues in comment sections within YouTube Live or Facebook. I saw the chat function this past Sunday and immediately thought, someone can definitely abuse this...

I’ve drifted away from this forum lately, including during this crisis, but I wanted to drop in here to say the following because I can‘t think of a better place to say it:

Just about every morning I listen to my son and his kindergarten class sing “Count On Me” to each other and I have to try really hard not to cry.

for you apocalyptic folks, here are some words out of Belfast that shine a little light,

"What you are seeing is love in action. What you are seeing in those empty spaces is how much we do care for each other.

We care for our grandparents, our parents, our brothers and sisters, for all those with underlying health problems. We care for people we will never meet.

People will lose jobs over this. People will lose businesses and some will also lose their lives. This is all the more reason to just take a moment when you're out on your walk or on your way to the shops or just watching the news to look into the emptiness and marvel at all of that love. Let it fill you and let it sustain you.

"It isn't the end of the world - it is the most remarkable act of global solidarity we may ever witness in our lifetime."

unsure if it's been shared here in the past week, but figure more silver linings can't hurt.

for the first week of stay-at-home, my neighborhood was quiet and people were not only avoiding each other, but avoiding eye contact. I think we've had years of practice with that though.

similar to what @Dtknuckles has seen, people are connecting more than ever while remaining physically apart in recent days. everyone on my block has put their Christmas lights back up as well as their Fiesta decor. a "Little Free Pantry" was built and stocked next to the tiny take-one-leave-one library. a neighbor made a small database of anyone elderly, disabled, or immunocompromised that would like help, and everyone has been taking turns leaving meals and groceries on their doorsteps. I've noticed that families in the older homes with porches have started dining on them in the evening while chatting with the families next door or across the street.

there are no crowds and less city sounds, but there seems to be more life.

Back in the day when I worked at the stereo store, a co worker’s live in girlfriend left him abruptly, which created a financial issue for my coworker.

All of us offered to lend him money, which he refused.

His solution? Hard boiled eggs and chocolate milk during the day and store brand tequila at night. I’m talking white label with black print. Tequila. That’s it. Maybe $7 for 1.75 liters back then.

This went on for two weeks. One Saturday morning, he rips a hellacious fart that was the equivalent to an over the fence home run. Another coworker was nearby. The look on the fartee’s face was something to behold. I can’t even begin to describe it, although no one who witnessed it will ever forget it, He covered his mouth and ran out into the parking lot and puked like a champ. I think I saw a boot.

Good times.

To be clear, you are saying you are a person with a highly contagious infection out in public, but the other folks are the problem?

So just so I am clear here... you think I should stay at home and starve and/or die from lack of medication?

Last edited by a moderator:
So just so I am clear here... you think I should stay at home and starve and/or die from lack of medication?

Maybe he should have said it in a different way, but honestly if you feel it’s important to social distance and you have come into contact with the virus then you should do something about it. Get a test, self quarantine until you can. At the same time I understand the impulse to carry on as if everything is normal because it’s not affecting you. We don’t really have a roadmap for ethical behavior in this situation.

However, wishing that @highrantdistrict and @Chucktshoes will die is unacceptable.

If you really believe that you have, or have been exposed to, COVID-19 it is absolutely incumbent upon you to be self-quarantining. You stated you live in Toronto, which is a major city, then why aren’t you taking advantage of the grocery delivery services available to you? I would also bet that there are ways to get your medication delivered as well. There is no reason to be so dramatic and hysterical in claiming that folks want you to starve to death. Folks just seem to be questioning if you’re the one possibly out there spreading pestilence, how are other people the problem in this equation?

That’s normalcy bias keeping you blind. We’re lucky it’s only a souped up cold this time. There’s far worse out there waiting for a high test strain to go big.
Right, eventually some nasty bug that has laid dormant frozen in the permafrost of the tundra for eons will thaws out and wipes out a large chunk of humanity. Toilet paper will be the least of our worries.

Back