Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Posts like this are really starting to scare me, the WHO recommends not wearing a mask unless you are sick or carrying it, however there are not enough tests available to know if you are actually carrying it, so basically, we have to hope that we don't run into another person who is also confused and not wearing a mask and now both people run the risk of one effecting the other. I get it that we have a mask shortage, but to tell people to only wear it if you are sick is going to make people like me who wear a mask every time I go outside to be considered carrier.
I don’t know what it’s like where you are but everyone here is wearing masks all the time. Unless you have a reason to wear a mask, they’re more problematic than not.

people got to do what they got to do.

Why, how do they work?
giphy.gif
I already told y'all!

Public schools in Ontario will remain closed to teachers until Friday, May 1, 2020, and to students until Monday, May 4, 2020. As these dates come closer, this decision will be re-evaluated based on public health advice.

The second phase of Learn at Home features a new set of expectations for the education community, including:
• Reconnecting students with teachers and other school staff, including mental health workers;
• Re-establishing teacher-led learning by grade groupings as follows:
• Kindergarten-Grade 3: five hours of work per student/week (focus on literacy and math)
• Grades 4-6: five hours of work per student/week (focus on literacy, math, science and social studies)
• Grades 7-8: 10 hours of work per student/week (focus on math, literacy, science and social studies)
• Grades 9-12: three hours of work per course per week for semestered students; 1.5 hours of work per course per week for non-semestered students (focus on achieving credits/completion/graduation)

Learn at home website:

Public schools in Ontario will remain closed to teachers until Friday, May 1, 2020, and to students until Monday, May 4, 2020. As these dates come closer, this decision will be re-evaluated based on public health advice.

The second phase of Learn at Home features a new set of expectations for the education community, including:
• Reconnecting students with teachers and other school staff, including mental health workers;
• Re-establishing teacher-led learning by grade groupings as follows:
• Kindergarten-Grade 3: five hours of work per student/week (focus on literacy and math)
• Grades 4-6: five hours of work per student/week (focus on literacy, math, science and social studies)
• Grades 7-8: 10 hours of work per student/week (focus on math, literacy, science and social studies)
• Grades 9-12: three hours of work per course per week for semestered students; 1.5 hours of work per course per week for non-semestered students (focus on achieving credits/completion/graduation)

Learn at home website:

It ain't gonna be May...

It ain't gonna be May...

For a fellow Torontonian - how do you handle people not social distancing? I had to go to the store today and a woman came into the same elevator as me. Didn't say anything although heavily implied we shouldn't be in the same elevator. Went to the store and some 75+ year old lady was riding my ass the whole time. I did the Canadian thing of telling the clerk how crazy it was that people weren't social distancing and that people will die (so that lady could hear me) and she didn't back up at all.

So basically what I'm asking is.. whats the right threshold for yelling at these dumbasses for being so fucking dumb?

For a fellow Torontonian - how do you handle people not social distancing? I had to go to the store today and a woman came into the same elevator as me. Didn't say anything although heavily implied we shouldn't be in the same elevator. Went to the store and some 75+ year old lady was riding my ass the whole time. I did the Canadian thing of telling the clerk how crazy it was that people weren't social distancing and that people will die (so that lady could hear me) and she didn't back up at all.

So basically what I'm asking is.. whats the right threshold for yelling at these dumbasses for being so fucking dumb?
Two words: Fuck off!

I think in a case like this where lives could be at stake you can be direct and blunt. I honestly think there are a lot of people that are dumb as shit and just don't know any better. I had someone in a neighborhood FB group that honestly didn't understand why playgrounds were closed and taped off around us. When someone explained it, she said "Oh, that makes sense". To me, it's completely wild she didn't understand in the first place but people are largely very stupid.

Two words: Fuck off!

I almost did but I have a tendency to go nuclear so that's why I was asking for some feedback here.

I think in a case like this where lives could be at stake you can be direct and blunt. I honestly think there are a lot of people that are dumb as shit and just don't know any better. I had someone in a neighborhood FB group that honestly didn't understand why playgrounds were closed and taped off around us. When someone explained it, she said "Oh, that makes sense". To me, it's completely wild she didn't understand in the first place but people are largely very stupid.

Here's the thing - I almost certainly have covid. My pharmacy down the street was shut down cause one of the employees had it (same pharmacy where one of the pharmacists yelled at me for practicing social distancing while some 70+ year old lady just stood a foot away from the prescription pickup counter. Add to that there's an old people home across the street from me and they all get their stuff from that same pharmacy (and they've had multiple cases of covid diagnosed over there).. But I'm stuck. I have to get food/prescriptions/whatever, I can't rely on anyone else to do it for me. So is it fair for me to get angry at them for jeopardizing their own health by coming in close proximity to me?

Or should I just self isolate and starve to death?

The smart thing absolutely would have been to cancel services. I also suspect that hubris and self aggrandizement were strong motives in holding the services. At the same time, prosecuting someone for holding religious services makes me very, very uncomfortable. That’s treading into extremely dangerous territory.

The smart thing to do would be to lock him up and throw away the key.

The company I work for is handling the financial impact in an interesting way. Instead of laying people off, they are instead doing a furlough in phases. The CEO and board took pay cuts, and all employees are going to be required to take an unpaid week off each month for the next three months. Things are going to be a little tight for us, but I like this decision way more than getting layed off. Also, benefits will continue during these periods, so that's good too.

Back