Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Open back up!!! We did it people. We are back to November levels. Time to return to normal.

Insurance companies are supposed to cover COVID-19 tests and any test related to diagnosing COVID-19 as well as any co-pays associated with doctors office and urgent care enter visits under federal law.

But the surprise bills keep on coming.

I too got charged a Co-pay for the visit to the Priority Care Center I visited for the test and my Covid test hit my deductible. I'm working on trying to fight it now. It's gone back to be reviewed again.

But based on that NY Times article from last September this is happening a lot. To hundreds of thousands of people.

Insurance companies billing systems are not keeping up with the changes of the law, or have limitations like no out-of-network coverage even though the law says they have to cover the test regardless, their billing systems do not allow for it and need to be individually modified per patient to current after each out-of-network billing situation.

Then there are the insurance companies trying to find the gray areas. Getting out of being fully on the hook and deciding that charge is not related to COVID. This has resulted in people where the Urgent Care center billed the visit separately then the COVID-Test, therefor the insurance companies stick you with the Co-pay. Or in the case of Texas where patients unknowingly also got a STD test done at the same time the COVID-19 test was done at one testing center, for the insurance to not cover the STD test. This also includes fees like a $49 after hours fee one urgent care center was charging, but that same urgent care center would only do covid tests at a designated time in the evening as to not expose other patients to Covid.

The US Conference of Catholic Bishops, as well as at least 6 other dioceses from across the country have released statements expressing "moral concerns" over the shot due to its use of lab-grown cells that descend from cells taken in the 1980s from the tissue of aborted fetuses.

Insurance companies are supposed to cover COVID-19 tests and any test related to diagnosing COVID-19 as well as any co-pays associated with doctors office and urgent care enter visits under federal law.

But the surprise bills keep on coming.

I too got charged a Co-pay for the visit to the Priority Care Center I visited for the test and my Covid test hit my deductible. I'm working on trying to fight it now. It's gone back to be reviewed again.

But based on that NY Times article from last September this is happening a lot. To hundreds of thousands of people.

Insurance companies billing systems are not keeping up with the changes of the law, or have limitations like no out-of-network coverage even though the law says they have to cover the test regardless, their billing systems do not allow for it and need to be individually modified per patient to current after each out-of-network billing situation.

Then there are the insurance companies trying to find the gray areas. Getting out of being fully on the hook and deciding that charge is not related to COVID. This has resulted in people where the Urgent Care center billed the visit separately then the COVID-Test, therefor the insurance companies stick you with the Co-pay. Or in the case of Texas where patients unknowingly also got a STD test done at the same time the COVID-19 test was done at one testing center, for the insurance to not cover the STD test. This also includes fees like a $49 after hours fee one urgent care center was charging, but that same urgent care center would only do covid tests at a designated time in the evening as to not expose other patients to Covid.
And expect there to be fees surrounding vaccination storage and administration, because that also could be a thing when you go get vaccinated.

Michigan just opened vaccinations to people over 50 with underlying health conditions. I don't think I qualify, although I do have an autoimmune issue. But, even if I don't qualify, they say by March 22nd it will be open for the rest of us half-centurians.

The latest attack on the COVID vaccinations is rumors spreading across social media and the dark web of Q Anon that the vaccine causes infertility.

I have heard it repeated 3 times now today :cry:

The latest attack on the COVID vaccinations is rumors spreading across social media and the dark web of Q Anon that the vaccine causes infertility.

My mom told me she worried about that, last month. I asked if she, at 68, was planning on dropping a little brother on me anytime soon.

Yeah I overheard people at work talking about that and then pretty much deciding not to get the vaccine although we are eligible. I think so far…me, my girlfriend, the front desk person, and one other teacher has gotten vaccinated…out of our entire staff.

Is it specifically the one using messenger RNA technology, or will the aborted fetal cells of J&J also make you infertile? Yes, the mRNA vaccine is new and different, but the J&J is made like other existing vaccines....you know the vaccines that people got when they were kids....and every year for the flu....

Geez people, think!

Maybe Daft Punk broke up because of the places lifting mask mandates, and they were worried about touring Texas in their masks? :unsure:
tumblr_msdzrhPXvM1ruoh2jo1_250.gif

It was announced today that teachers and day care workers in Texas can get the vaccines. We were at only old people and people with pre-existing health conditions could get it. So at least we're not trying to kill our teachers (THAT WE VALUE SO MUCH -suburban Trumpy Facebook mom) now.

I guess it was only a matter of time before people started making fake vaccines...

South African police seized 400 ampoules, providing 2,400 doses, of a fake vaccine in Germiston, Gauteng, along with a big supply of fake 3M brand masks. They arrested a Zambian national and three Chinese suspects.

"This is proving to be very effective as we have seen in the arrests for foreign nationals attempting to peddle fake vaccines to unsuspecting people within South Africa."

That raid led to a second on a manufacturing premises in China, where police seized 3,000 fake vaccines and arrested 80 suspects.

And here's some new research on school based clusters and suggestions for educators:

These findings suggest that educators can play an important role in in-school transmission and that in-school transmission can occur when physical distancing and mask compliance are not optimal. Previous investigations in other U.S. school districts found that low transmission rates in schools can be maintained in the setting of high community incidence (2,3). To ensure safer in-person learning during the COVID-19 pandemic, schools should implement multicomponent mitigation strategies, including efforts to prevent infection among educators, and promoting consistent, correct mask use and physical distancing wherever possible, especially during mealtime when masks are not being worn.

The finding that educators play an important role in in-school transmission is consistent with findings from other investigations. A large prospective study of SARS-CoV-2 transmission in schools in the United Kingdom found that the most common type of transmission event was from educator to educator (4); in another large prospective study of transmission in German schools, in-school transmission rates were three times higher when the index case occurred in an educator than when the index case occurred in a student.¶¶ Measures to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection among educators, including promotion of COVID-19 precautions outside of school, minimizing in-person adult interactions at school, ensuring mask compliance and physical distancing among educators when in-person interaction is unavoidable, and COVID-19 vaccination, when available, will likely reduce in-school transmission, particularly if implemented in a multifaceted approach. Messaging to improve awareness among educators about the risk for acquiring SARS-CoV-2 infections from colleagues in addition to students is needed. The school district has already implemented many of these measures, including administrative changes to prevent nonessential in-person interactions among educators.

I guess it was only a matter of time before people started making fake vaccines...

South African police seized 400 ampoules, providing 2,400 doses, of a fake vaccine in Germiston, Gauteng, along with a big supply of fake 3M brand masks. They arrested a Zambian national and three Chinese suspects.

"This is proving to be very effective as we have seen in the arrests for foreign nationals attempting to peddle fake vaccines to unsuspecting people within South Africa."

That raid led to a second on a manufacturing premises in China, where police seized 3,000 fake vaccines and arrested 80 suspects.

Somewhere, there's a Hollywood writer reading this and working on the script to a covid-era The Third Man reboot.

God I hope so. Two kids is enough.

Speaking of the product of my loin, the younger came home from daycare with a 100.8 fever and we immediately were like oh god covid. Nope, double ear infection! Poor bud. But I guess kids still get regular kid stuff.

Back