Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

I just wanted to drop in a couple thoughts coming from the other end of this crap. If some of you missed it, I tested positive on Jan 15th after feeling like complete crap for a good 8-10 days. I ended up going into immediate care to see what was what and not only tested positive but also had a touch of pneumonia in one lung. I was treated for the pneumonia and sent along my merry way with the usual COVID instructions since I wasn't really having any issues breathing and my O2 levels were ok.

I'm thankful it wasn't more severe and I'm starting to feel like myself again minus some lingering coughing from the pneumonia. That being said, it was terrible for the state it was in, you literally have 0 energy to do anything, you're body just shuts down in terms of functionality, not due to not being able to, but just not wanting to. I've been sick before and a few days in bed seem like an eternity, not with COVID, you check out. The other annoying part was the fever, just would not break until about 7 days in.

I'm actually posting because as I continue to read about people ignoring the CDC recommendations, not wearing masks and so on, my frustration is now much higher than it was pre-COVID. I'm diabetic, my family and I have been extremely careful during this pandemic. I work from home, my kids all work from home or have on-line classes, my wife is a front line worker who gears up to the teeth every day..........and yet, I got this from somewhere. It's just that much more disheartening that even if you take every precaution it's still possible, some small oversight or slip up, I guess I just sit here wondering how this is ever going to pass with so many ignoring it, leaving a huge group open to the virus and that the virus still seems to find a way.

Like I said, I'm glad I'm on the upswing, I know a lot of people aren't, but I'm feeling less warm and fuzzy than I did before testing positive now. Please continue to do the best you can to be safe and God willing this will pass at some point.

I just wanted to drop in a couple thoughts coming from the other end of this crap. If some of you missed it, I tested positive on Jan 15th after feeling like complete crap for a good 8-10 days. I ended up going into immediate care to see what was what and not only tested positive but also had a touch of pneumonia in one lung. I was treated for the pneumonia and sent along my merry way with the usual COVID instructions since I wasn't really having any issues breathing and my O2 levels were ok.

I'm thankful it wasn't more severe and I'm starting to feel like myself again minus some lingering coughing from the pneumonia. That being said, it was terrible for the state it was in, you literally have 0 energy to do anything, you're body just shuts down in terms of functionality, not due to not being able to, but just not wanting to. I've been sick before and a few days in bed seem like an eternity, not with COVID, you check out. The other annoying part was the fever, just would not break until about 7 days in.

I'm actually posting because as I continue to read about people ignoring the CDC recommendations, not wearing masks and so on, my frustration is now much higher than it was pre-COVID. I'm diabetic, my family and I have been extremely careful during this pandemic. I work from home, my kids all work from home or have on-line classes, my wife is a front line worker who gears up to the teeth every day..........and yet, I got this from somewhere. It's just that much more disheartening that even if you take every precaution it's still possible, some small oversight or slip up, I guess I just sit here wondering how this is ever going to pass with so many ignoring it, leaving a huge group open to the virus and that the virus still seems to find a way.

Like I said, I'm glad I'm on the upswing, I know a lot of people aren't, but I'm feeling less warm and fuzzy than I did before testing positive now. Please continue to do the best you can to be safe and God willing this will pass at some point.
Glad you are feeling better and good to see you back!

So, I have a coworker that is pretty upset about the vaccine. According to the research he's done, 'they' are injecting software into us, and that the goal is to eventually turn us all into part computer/part human. Each year the vaccine will be a system update. I can't believe he believes it...and yet he's firmly planted on this stance.

And, at least half my workplace is now proudly anti-vax, and they make sure everyone knows it.
When did adults suddenly become so dumb?

So, I have a coworker that is pretty upset about the vaccine. According to the research he's done, 'they' are injecting software into us, and that the goal is to eventually turn us all into part computer/part human. Each year the vaccine will be a system update. I can't believe he believes it...and yet he's firmly planted on this stance.

And, at least half my workplace is now proudly anti-vax, and they make sure everyone knows it.
Didn't you tell him that they're injecting people with...a fever....a fever that needs more cowbell??!!
1611679027990.png

From what I heard yesterday, it seems like they want the option to keep teaching virtual until they can get vaccinated, which I think Illinois just started allowing teachers to do. Seems reasonable to me.

My wife doesn't have a union and we can only hope they start letting teachers get vaccinated soon.
While I think that teachers should be on the list of essential workers to be vaccinated, they are still going to run the risk of infection until we figure out how to vaccinate kids. It's looking like this won't happen until next year:

Clinical trials on children 11 and younger "will take much longer, because we have to age de-escalate and start at a lower dose. So we should not anticipate clinical data in 2021, but more in 2022," Bancel said, according to Business Insider.

Moderna’s clinical trials for 12- to 17-year-olds started 4 weeks ago, but the company is having trouble getting enough participants, said Moncef Slaoui, PhD, the scientific head of Operation Warp Speed, the U.S. government’s vaccine effort. That could delay FDA approval, he said.

Please tell your wife to stay safe.

Also @AnthonyI I'm so glad you're doing better. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Didn't you tell him that they're injecting people with...a fever....a fever that needs more cowbell??!!
View attachment 85361

While I think that teachers should be on the list of essential workers to be vaccinated, they are still going to run the risk of infection until we figure out how to vaccinate kids. It's looking like this won't happen until next year:

Clinical trials on children 11 and younger "will take much longer, because we have to age de-escalate and start at a lower dose. So we should not anticipate clinical data in 2021, but more in 2022," Bancel said, according to Business Insider.

Moderna’s clinical trials for 12- to 17-year-olds started 4 weeks ago, but the company is having trouble getting enough participants, said Moncef Slaoui, PhD, the scientific head of Operation Warp Speed, the U.S. government’s vaccine effort. That could delay FDA approval, he said.

Please tell your wife to stay safe.

Also @AnthonyI I'm so glad you're doing better. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Don't you know that all embedded micro chips have components labeled bass, treble and Footswitch???

View attachment 85361

Haha, my wife and I were just talking about this last night, which brought this to mind...

apple.jpg

Haha, my wife and I were just talking about this last night, which brought this to mind...

View attachment 85366
Reminds me of the old Dihydrogen Monoxide scare that our 7th grade science teacher put us through. Saying it's a solvent and can dissolve all manner of solids. And then they would ask if you would drink it.

It's water.

My step father is very anti vaccine and is making it heard loud in clear.

He says he doesn't want any chemicals injected into him. He's never gotten the flu shot, he is not going to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

When I asked him what he would do when he wouldn't be allowed to travel, for example get on a plane or enter a different country because he hasn't got the vaccine his response was they don't have the power to do that, it's unconstitutional. They don't do that now for flu shots anyways so why would I think they would mandate i for COIVID vaccines?. He doesn't even act like that's a possibility.

When I countered with "what if?" his answer changed to he would rather just stay home than get the vaccine.

When I asked him what he would do when he wouldn't be allowed to travel, for example get on a plane or enter a different country because he hasn't got the vaccine his response was they don't have the power to do that, it's unconstitutional. They don't do that now for flu shots anyways so why would I think they would mandate i for COIVID vaccines?. He doesn't even act like that's a possibility.
Other countries don't really care about your constitution if you want to travel to them. Heads up.

My step father is very anti vaccine and is making it heard loud in clear.

He says he doesn't want any chemicals injected into him. He's never gotten the flu shot, he is not going to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

When I countered with "what if?" his answer changed to he would rather just stay home than get the vaccine.
Was he vaccinated as a child?
I wonder where most anti-vaxxers get their stance. (or why) A bad experience or political affiliation or they enjoying being contradictory? It seems a lot of my co-workers are this way because they feel the 'rest of us sheep' will eat up any information fed to us. You know, like the Earth being round and stuff.

I still don't understand how the same bunch of Trump supporters were once complaining that "Dems/Pharma were purposefully delaying" releasing the vaccine to hurt Trump in the election. Forget that the efficacy and safety data wasn't in yet, they wanted it out right away. And now that efficacy and safety is satisfactory, somehow they're all anti-vaxxers.

I wonder where most anti-vaxxers get their stance. (or why) A bad experience or political affiliation or they enjoying being contradictory? It seems a lot of my co-workers are this way because they feel the 'rest of us sheep' will eat up any information fed to us. You know, like the Earth being round and stuff.

Ironic, no?

I'd just like to reiterate how stupid American's are looking now a days to the rest of the world. I get messages from family every other day or so asking what in Gods name are people thinking...........this accounts for family and friends in Italy, Germany, Sweden and the UK.

I can't stomach wondering onto FB just because of those I need to have on my friends list anymore.

My husband's uncle walks with a cane due to partial paralysis due to polio. You want to see what effect vaccines have, go talk to him for a while.

I believe he got that mandatory smallpox vaccination as a child. But other than that, I have no idea.

My husband's uncle walks with a cane due to partial paralysis due to polio. You want to see what effect vaccines have, go talk to him for a while.
That's why I'm baffled by people that are against it...there is seemingly so much more proof that they work vs not. Then again, my one co-worker says he's fine with all other vaccines, it's just the flu shot and Covid vaccine that he's against.

That's why I'm baffled by people that are against it...there is seemingly so much more proof that they work vs not. Then again, my one co-worker says he's fine with all other vaccines, it's just the flu shot and Covid vaccine that he's against.
Anti-vaxxers ignore their own privilege of either having been vaccinated or being surrounded by those who are vaccinated.

Back