Needles & Grooves Fantasy Hockey League

So glad hockey is finally back! Two questions on the league:

1. When does the week actually start? Is this a Tues to Mon thing? or is this first week a short week?
2. Why does it say goalie appearances 0 of 3? Am I limited to a certain number of goalie starts each week?

So glad hockey is finally back! Two questions on the league:

1. When does the week actually start? Is this a Tues to Mon thing? or is this first week a short week?
2. Why does it say goalie appearances 0 of 3? Am I limited to a certain number of goalie starts each week?
1. You answered your own question. Week 1 is indeed a short week. Otherwise the week starts on Mondays and goes through Sundays.

2. That is the minimum number of appearances required for your goalies. Goalies are credited with an appearance if they officially touch the ice. If you donā€™t meet the set goalie minimum requirement you wonā€™t win any stat categories or get any points for their performance.

šŸ“£ @jaycee

Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom will begin the 2021-22 season on long-term injured reserve as he continues to recover from an offseason hip injury, the team announced Tuesday.

The move means Backstrom will miss at least the first 10 games of the campaign. He's eligible to return on Nov. 6.

Washington recalled top prospect Connor McMichael and Beck Malenstyn from the AHL in corresponding moves.

With Alex Ovechkin day-to-day due to a lower-body ailment, the Capitals rolled out the following lines at Monday's practice:

Backstrom, 33, recorded 53 points in 55 games last season.

šŸ“£ @jaycee

Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom will begin the 2021-22 season on long-term injured reserve as he continues to recover from an offseason hip injury, the team announced Tuesday.

The move means Backstrom will miss at least the first 10 games of the campaign. He's eligible to return on Nov. 6.

Washington recalled top prospect Connor McMichael and Beck Malenstyn from the AHL in corresponding moves.

With Alex Ovechkin day-to-day due to a lower-body ailment, the Capitals rolled out the following lines at Monday's practice:

Backstrom, 33, recorded 53 points in 55 games last season.
Thanks. Already on IR. I wasn't planning on starting the season with him.

šŸ“£ @ranbalam

Colorado Avalanche star Nathan MacKinnon and head coach Jared Bednar will miss the team's first game of the 2021-22 campaign after testing positive for COVID-19, general manager Joe Sakic announced Tuesday, per Altitude TV's Marc Moser.

Both are asymptomatic, Sakic added.

The Avs open their season Wednesday against the Chicago Blackhawks.

MacKinnon was a Hart Trophy finalist last campaign after recording 65 points in 48 games.

@Jonathan Y šŸ“Æ

Mitch Marner almost died in a drill (took a headshot from Simmonds big ol ass) and so now he may not play in the opener. -_-

Sigh. Guess we all got one stud or more sitting

I have 3 players playing tonight! Let's Go Pens šŸ§ and Kraken šŸ¦‘

Edit: I now have 4 players active as McCann is no longer on the COVID-19 protocol list

Last edited:
Almost grabbed cirelli last night but the app was glitching making me add and drop even though I dropped Hoffman. Oh well getting him tomorrow.

Back