Needles & Grooves Fantasy Hockey League

Great job @Hollywood !!! Go get em!

This was a blast forreal! Ur lucky I only had my top 2 picks for 1 game but nonethless that is how the cookie crumbles!!!

My first time doing a season long fantasy team and it was awesome! Thank you all for joining in on what started as a last minute idea hopefully turned annual tradition! I am ready for next year! Probably my favorite fantasy sports league/format I've played in....Not too many games like baseball and not as spread out as football!

EDIT: Anyone know if they'll keep the format the same for next year as far as games and divisions?

Great job @Hollywood !!! Go get em!

This was a blast forreal. My first time doing a season long fantasy team! Thank you all for joining in on what started as a last minute idea hopefully turned annual tradition! I am ready for next year! Probably my favorite fantasy sports league/format I've played in....Not too many games like baseball and not as spread out as football!
Thanks buddy! But you do realize that there is a fifth place game right? Your season isn't quite over yet. That said, I agree with you that we should consider doing this again next season (with maybe some minor tweaks). It was a whole lot of fun and a great distraction, at least for me, from all the doom and gloom in the world 🌎😀 🍻

Thanks buddy! But you do realize that there is a fifth place game right? Your season isn't quite over yet. That said, I agree with you that we should consider doing this again next season (with maybe some minor tweaks). It was a whole lot of fun and a great distraction, at least for me, from all the doom and gloom in the world 🌎😀 🍻

5th place? Pshhhh lol IF YOU AINT FIRST YER LAST

Alright, giddyup... Turbo charge, motherfuckers ! Game on @BazookaTooth !

OtS6k.gif

(Good luck, man!)

Clearly you don’t share the same hatred that I do for those teams. I don’t need to see Claude Giroux 8 times or get stuck listening to Jack Edwards at any time.
I don't hate teams as much as I use to. Hockey rivalries are just not what they use to be imo but this season saw some these great rivalries renewed with the divisional realignment and familiarity with opponents and for that reason I liked it. As for Jack Edwards I can do without as well 😄

In fact to further my point, I'm not the only one who enjoyed it as the league is considering having more intra-divisional games next year based on TV ratings.

But I guess the divisions would be changed again to something closer to what they were pre-March 2020? 4 divisions of 8 teams with the arrival of Seattle? Would they consider 6 divisions (4 x 5 teams + 2 x 6 teams)?

But I guess the divisions would be changed again to something closer to what they were pre-March 2020? 4 divisions of 8 teams with the arrival of Seattle? Would they consider 6 divisions (4 x 5 teams + 2 x 6 teams)?
Yes four divisions (Central, Pacific, Atlantic, Metropolitan) comprised of eight teams. Arizona would move to the Central, making way for Seattle to play in the Pacific. There are currently eight teams in the Pacific and seven in the Central.

Habs fan talk: I'm seriously afraid they'll blow their 6 point + 2 game in hand cushion on Calgary and fail to make the playoffs. They are that bad and the injury to Gallagher really hurts. Price is not the problem since he's not playing. It's highlighting how bad the defense is. Weber is especially absolutely awful. Not sure what happened to that guy, but the drop-off was precipitous. Bergevin's moves in the last month or so have made things worse so far - maybe the two defensive guys will help, but only if they insert them without removing Romanov because he's the only one playing with heart out there on D. Staal is slooooow and more or less useless - so many goals against when he's on (though he finally did score yesterday). And finally, the coaching change seems to also have made things worse... can we put Julien back in there? He's still under contract as far as I know. Has this ever happened?

Anyway... we're fickle as fans and I'm feeling pretty down on them. Maybe they make me change my mind within a few days.

Back