Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 5 - November 2019 /// Ruen Brothers "All My Shades of Blue" (2018)

giphy.gif

Never heard of these Ruen Brothers but their first album is :

- produced by Rick Rubin
- vinyl lacquers cut by Bernie Grundman
- pressed at QPR
- feat Chad Smith (RHCP), Dave Keuning (the Killers) and Ian McLagan (Faces/Small Faces)

Ruen Brothers - All My Shades of Blue

my guess

I will explain how I got here without clues after the day comes~~~~
Ruen Brothers is not North American
The video is genre: old school Rock and Roll. Ruen Brothers play an old-style rock.
The Rolling Stones: British. Ruen Brothers are British
The Everly Brothers: brothers. Ruen Brothers are brothers
The image matches up with the cuff and the guitar
The Ruen Brothers are English, which is on the European continent
The album is 2018 so 2010s
It's a band.
That's alive.
And Male
And influenced by old school rock, "what a modern album with Roy Orbison and produced by Phil Spector would sound like"
And it's in English.
It's in @ThePakoBuelna 's discogs. Wrap it up.

And, lastly....How I got here day 1 without clues.....happened after I went through all of Pako's posts in the What's Spinning thread (which I did cuz Teeeee put pressure on me calling me and others sleuths!!! So I dug)

This post for this album was the only one without a title, artist, or description. Which made me say, thats cuz hes gonna tell us about it for AOTM!!!!!!!! And it was signed iirc.

#SLEUTHLIFE

And, lastly....How I got here day 1 without clues.....happened after I went through all of Pako's posts in the What's Spinning thread (which I did cuz Teeeee put pressure on me calling me and others sleuths!!! So I dug)

This post for this album was the only one without a title, artist, or description. Which made me say, thats cuz hes gonna tell us about it for AOTM!!!!!!!! And it was signed iirc.

#SLEUTHLIFE

There's also this: Music Photography

#SLEUTHLIFE
giphy-39.gif

He's left bread crumbs all over!!!!! That is why we didn't get a clue right away!!! Even when he said something about Cafe Tavca on page 1, that was a clue!!!!

You and your damn sleuthing before any clues! I hated you when you posted that first guess almost immediately :ROFLMAO:

The next clue was going to be:

"The album is produced by someone who has worked with several big artists including Jay-Z, Beastie Boys and Johnny Cash".

So what now? I'll update the first post with relevant info and links to buy the album!

I though I had another week of this though, was going to post some clues on the "What's Spinning" thread(though maybe I'll still will. You can't take my fun away from me!)

You and your damn sleuthing before any clues! I hated you when you posted that first guess almost immediately :ROFLMAO:

"The album is produced by someone who has worked with several big artists including Jay-Z, Beastie Boys and Johnny Cash".

So what now? I'll update the first post with relevant info and links to buy the album!

I though I had another week of this though, was going to post some clues on the "What's Spinning" thread(though maybe I'll still will. You can't take my fun away from me!)

I wasnt gonna blow it but my guess got overlooked at first, then removed yesterday or today....so i was like....Ok, time to share the album cover lmfao!!!

FWIW, I LOVE THIS ALBUM AND CANT WAIT TO HAVE IT

really amazing pick! Was playing in jqbx earlier and fell for it hard!!

Also, I thought u were waiting for guesses for the first clue to drop so I was like ok ill play along, lets see what ur hiding on page 9 of post history :)

I wasnt gonna blow it but my guess got overlooked at first, then removed yesterday or today....so i was like....Ok, time to share the album cover lmfao!!!

FWIW, I LOVE THIS ALBUM AND CANT WAIT TO HAVE IT

really amazing pick! Was playing in jqbx earlier and fell for it hard!!

Send me your info through a DM to send you the LP! ;)

Holy shit this album is good - how is this not more well known (these guys don't even have a Wikipedia page yet)?

Also, I find it funny that this is an album by brothers who just mashed their names together to get their band name (Rupert and Henry --> Ruen). That AJR guess wasn't all that far off 😂

Back