Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 34 - April 2022 /// Sandro Perri - Impossible Spaces

let me try with my nonsense.

New Zealand flags are part of a competition to chose a new New Zealand flag.
you see, New New --> how do you spell new in German? Neu

Neu? is a proto punk band

Neu!'s album Neu! contains a song titled.... Hero

David Bowie, alluded to the Neu! self titled album on his "Heroes" album.
(see Wikipedia: The result is essentially a split record, subtly melodic in the first half and boldly unconventional in the second. On both sides, the use of keyboards and phasing is increased compared to earlier records. Dinger's rock song "Hero" was an inspiration for many musicians of the time, including John Lydon of the Sex Pistols, and is since considered an example of proto-punk. David Bowie alluded to the album on his "Heroes" album.[4] )

this month album is therefore

1646411996837.png

Looking up Darwin anf Labrynth lead me to some book The Labyrinth: God, Darwin, and the Meaning of Life

and looking up David Bowie and Darwin lead me to another book Charles Darwin's Barnacle and David Bowie's Spider.

Interesting connections that i feel dont help us at all though lol

I haven't been following along much, so I have very little to add, but... what about Kiwi Jr. - Football Money?

Canadian... that little bird is a kiwi, right? There's a track called Swimming Pool, and that woman up there is swimming (kind of). Excellent band, so check that box?

I haven't been following along much, so I have very little to add, but... what about Kiwi Jr. - Football Money?

Canadian... that little bird is a kiwi, right? There's a track called Swimming Pool, and that woman up there is swimming (kind of). Excellent band, so check that box?

NICE!

Even if this isn't it, I like your process here.

Curious about the Aussie/Roo connection though?

I think you got it! The band is not only from Canada but more specifically Ontario. The monkey situation happened there and Bell is the first person to swim across lake Ontario!

Back