Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 34 - April 2022 /// Sandro Perri - Impossible Spaces

Not this, but something kind of similiar! The kangaroo/kiwi/maple leaf clue refers to a venue in the artist's hometown where they play regularly.

I will take a couple of yes/no questions if that helps keep the ball rolling!
So, kinda looks like a Toronto band is confirmed. Not that this is a huge revelation.

We have three distinct venues: The Main Hall, The Southern Cross Lounge, and The Tiki Room. The latter two names are part of our heritage as the former Toronto Australia New Zealand Association Club. Each of these three rooms is outfitted with gear appropriate to its size, and each operates differently.

Not this, but something kind of similiar! The kangaroo/kiwi/maple leaf clue refers to a venue in the artist's hometown where they play regularly.

I will take a couple of yes/no questions if that helps keep the ball rolling!

I thought so but hadn't made it back here to postulate. Nice work @mgp!

I love the Tranzac.

So, I note the use of "Artist." Are we talking solo artist or band... or am I reading into things too much (probably)?

I don't know the Toronto scene too well aside from some of the bigger bands.

What about Sandro Perri? His career seems pretty intertwined with the Tranzac (according to him, anyway), and he has played with the Great Lake Swimmers... who are also a solid guess btw, because Marilyn Bell is literally swimming in a great lake?

So, I note the use of "Artist." Are we talking solo artist or band... or am I reading into things too much (probably)?

What about Sandro Perri? His career seems pretty intertwined with the Tranzac (according to him, anyway), and he has played with the Great Lake Swimmers... who are also a solid guess btw, because Marilyn Bell is literally swimming in a great lake?
6.jpg

His album Impossible Spaces has a song called "Changes " on it. That could be our connection to bowie
This thread:

7.jpg

His album Impossible Spaces has a song called "Changes " on it. That could be our connection to bowie
That space sure does look impossible
It certainly is! Nice work, @mgp and @Fleetwood-Matt -- you've got it!

Great choice! I turned the album on earlier today. It's one of those albums that I listened to a lot when it came out, and then (for whatever reason) forgot about it.

I bought a record.
Amazing! Since you identified the artist I was going to send you a copy, but if you already have a copy on the way, I can reimburse you or you can choose another of his records if you like! I'll post about a couple related records in the next little while.

Amazing! Since you identified the artist I was going to send you a copy, but if you already have a copy on the way, I can reimburse you or you can choose another of his records if you like! I'll post about a couple related records in the next little while.
Ha! I'm a man of action...often to my own detriment.

I'd say just pass it on to @Fleetwood-Matt! Spread the Sandro Perri love all around.

Back