Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 34 - April 2022 /// Sandro Perri - Impossible Spaces

20220409_150921.jpg

Initial Thoughts, unfiltered:

I've been rather ignoring the existence of this album until my copy arrived to go in as blind as can be before I re-absorb this thread and supplemental rabbit holing around the internet about it. I either didn't realize or completely forgot(!) that this is a Constellation Records release - they're a funny label for me in that I love everything I've heard that they've put out, and I consider them to be a very quality label, but I've never taken the time to explore their catalogue beyond what I've already known - which seems a bit odd, but also allows me to continue to have discoveries like this.

The packaging of this album is delightful!! From a tactile standpoint, I very much enjoy the printing choices they made with the sleeve and the colours are not done justice by my phone's camera. The inserts are also super cool. I've not taken the time to fully absorb them yet as I'm fixing up some food and doing a couple of other chores while I listen and steal moments to type.

The atmosphere of this is definitely one that is conducive to getting a lot of spins around here - given the extremes of some of my listening proclivities, it's always nice to have more stuff that can suit nearly any mood. I can see my wife enjoying this one too. I'll be spinning it again when she gets home for sure.

His voice reminds me of someone I can't place but feel warmly and fond of which has definitely drawn me in even further. It's probably going to bug me for a while trying to place the reminder, but I'm happy it's there anyhow. Musically I'm enjoying this a lot and looking forward to repeat listens - this is definitely something I don't know whether I'd have come to on my own but am very happy to be here now.

First impressions are fantastic. I'm looking forward to further reading and listening and formulating more thoughts as the month moves on.

Great selection @BjorgenFjorgen!

View attachment 135144

Initial Thoughts, unfiltered:

I've been rather ignoring the existence of this album until my copy arrived to go in as blind as can be before I re-absorb this thread and supplemental rabbit holing around the internet about it. I either didn't realize or completely forgot(!) that this is a Constellation Records release - they're a funny label for me in that I love everything I've heard that they've put out, and I consider them to be a very quality label, but I've never taken the time to explore their catalogue beyond what I've already known - which seems a bit odd, but also allows me to continue to have discoveries like this.

The packaging of this album is delightful!! From a tactile standpoint, I very much enjoy the printing choices they made with the sleeve and the colours are not done justice by my phone's camera. The inserts are also super cool. I've not taken the time to fully absorb them yet as I'm fixing up some food and doing a couple of other chores while I listen and steal moments to type.

The atmosphere of this is definitely one that is conducive to getting a lot of spins around here - given the extremes of some of my listening proclivities, it's always nice to have more stuff that can suit nearly any mood. I can see my wife enjoying this one too. I'll be spinning it again when she gets home for sure.

His voice reminds me of someone I can't place but feel warmly and fond of which has definitely drawn me in even further. It's probably going to bug me for a while trying to place the reminder, but I'm happy it's there anyhow. Musically I'm enjoying this a lot and looking forward to repeat listens - this is definitely something I don't know whether I'd have come to on my own but am very happy to be here now.

First impressions are fantastic. I'm looking forward to further reading and listening and formulating more thoughts as the month moves on.

Great selection @BjorgenFjorgen!
I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!

Well… let’s see what this is all about:
View attachment 137333

So far it’s kind of like Hiss Golden Messenger making noises Wilco style music except noisier…. I have no idea what I’m talking about, but there you go.

Suffice to say, I dig it so far.
Yeah, I can’t help but think Wilco would sound a lot like this if Nels co-wrote more of their material.
Love these descriptions, and I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Back