Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 22 - April 2021 // Nérija - Blume

The Original Dixieland Jass Band (ODJB) was a Dixieland jazz band that made the first jazz recordings in early 1917. Their "Livery Stable Blues" became the first jazz record ever issued The group composed and recorded many jazz standards, the most famous being "Tiger Rag". In late 1917 the spelling of the band's name was changed to Original Dixieland Jazz Band.
I like this summary....
which leads me to this:
"Tiger Rag" is a jazz standard that was recorded and copyrighted by the Original Dixieland Jass Band in 1917. It is one of the most recorded jazz compositions.

which leads me to this (behemot black hole)1614961544985.png:

Reminds me of this which is a pretty great compilation

So many great albums and artists on Acuarela. Aroah's No Podemos Ser Amigos was one of my favourite. I don't know what they have been doing more recently, I should give a look one of these days.

Probably more likely is ‘Oh, by the way’ by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers which had the piece Duck Soup on it... however it’s not really that available and I cannot link it to the other clues! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Another jazz artist covering it, perhaps? Discogs wasn't helpful, the majority of results for Duck Soup came back with ska and reggae results

Probably more likely is ‘Oh, by the way’ by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers which had the piece Duck Soup on it... however it’s not really that available and I cannot link it to the other clues! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Another jazz artist covering it, perhaps? Discogs wasn't helpful, the majority of results for Duck Soup came back with ska and reggae results
Well, I can reveal one thing........I'm now hungry.

Seriously, when I set up my folder I named them all by the album name followed by the clue!!! So glad I changed them :ROFLMAO:

As a caveat, I am in no way a soup expect, even though I do look a good soup! @haydee however is clearly a connoisseur of liquified foods so for all intents and purposes the picture is of a bisque!

I actually had soup in a hollowed-out bread in a tiny cafe in Reykjavik, Iceland a few years ago. Made me wonder why we don't have more food dishware :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
As a caveat, I am in no way a soup expect, even though I do look a good soup! @haydee however is clearly a connector of liquified foods so for all intents and purposes the picture is of a bisque!
Whatever a liqified food connector is but it could be the title of an English language Kraftwerk album

Back