Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 14 - August 2020 /// Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker

I'm going to guess The Cardigans - Gran Turismo. Can't link it to any of the clues (!) but the answer about blue and yellow as favourite colours got me thinking about them and they're in @Thackeraye Discogs.
I have a "We are the Cardigans and You're Not" t shirt I bought from a gig in 96 maybe. This thing is absolutely hacked - holes in it and everything, but I love it. Can't get rid of it.

Well thats a good decade for me.
FYI - @Thackeraye also was my first secret santa. And this offers me some insight into his musical curation ideas.
Clearly i must be close to a solution !

Doesn't stop me throwing out another guess....... i used this in a previous N&G guess thread, so statistically If i use it again i have a better chance.

Siouxsie and the Banshees - superstition (or The Rapture also 90s)

One of Real Madrid anthem is Nessun Dorma, from Puccini opera Turandot and sung by Pavarotti.

My guess is:

R-2568544-1543134040-1801.jpeg.jpg

I'm going to guess The Cardigans - Gran Turismo. Can't link it to any of the clues (!) but the answer about blue and yellow as favourite colours got me thinking about them and they're in @Thackeraye Discogs.
Gran Turismo is a great album, and personally I'd be down with any Cardigans album as an AOTM, they're a really underrated band. The only one of the reissues I own so far is First Band on the Moon so it'd be a great excuse to finally start picking up the others.

Here’s a guess
Madonna- I’m breathless (Dick Tracy sdtrk)
90s
Columbo is a detective
David Beckham was in a Guy Ritchie film who was married to Madonna
Marrilion Is a word that looks a little bit like Madonna.

No idea if it’s onVinyl 👌
edit it’s on vinyl, I can pick it up used for about £2 !
Also Marrillion and Madonna oncce featured on the same episode of the BBCs Top of the Pops.
Wrap it up and put a label on it !

Last edited:
Back