Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

I was checking for this when you typed it. None of them have it. No Iron Maiden either so I'll guess

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Seems like none of them have much 80s metal and quite a few of those bands would fit the latest clue.
you must not have access to our super secret discogs listings (oops, I didn't say that, nothing to see here) ;)

I know nothing about the 80s. Just searched my discogs - only 2 of the 220 some records in my collection fall under the discogs label "1980s" - one is a Blue Note reissue and the other is The Cure's Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me which I would classify as almost a 90s record.

Looking forward to being educated on the 80s.

I know nothing about the 80s. Just searched my discogs - only 2 of the 220 some records in my collection fall under the discogs label "1980s" - one is a Blue Note reissue and the other is The Cure's Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me which I would classify as almost a 90s record.

Looking forward to being educated on the 80s.

Not in my house 😉

Start Here! :)

These albums must be in every one's collection. All of them.

I can’t imagine why all 4 studio albums and the 3 singles/b-sides/bbc sessions wouldn’t be. I can understand people not having Rank even though I still do...

That said I do now have 9 of their 20 7” singles, I fully intend to finish that off and then move onto the 12” singles...

If @uvwxVinyl wants to start somewhere their best albums are the last two, The Queen Is Dead and “Strangeways, Here We Come”, and the first of the aforementioned compilations, Hatful of Hollow, is an amazing introduction to the band!

There is so much other good stuff in the 80s too. Sonic Youth’s best album, The Cure, The Jesus and Mary Chain, the back end of Joy Division and then New Order, Kate Bush, The Stone Roses and soso much else...

Start Here! :)
I can’t imagine why all 4 studio albums and the 3 singles/b-sides/bbc sessions wouldn’t be. I can understand people not having Rank even though I still do...

That said I do now have 9 of their 20 7” singles, I fully intend to finish that off and then move onto the 12” singles...

If @uvwxVinyl wants to start somewhere their best albums are the last two, The Queen Is Dead and “Strangeways, Here We Come”, and the first of the aforementioned compilations, Hatful of Hollow, is an amazing introduction to the band!

There is so much other good stuff in the 80s too. Sonic Youth’s best album, The Cure, The Jesus and Mary Chain, the back end of Joy Division and then New Order, Kate Bush, The Stone Roses and soso much else...

I liked the Smiths but I won't own any of their albums on vinyl because of Morrissey. Can't go out and buy those albums now / don't feel like supporting that twat.

It is indeed surprising to me that I don' have any Joy Division / New Order in my collection though! Will be looking to rectify that soon!

I liked the Smiths but I won't own any of their albums on vinyl because of Morrissey. Can't go out and buy those albums now / don't feel like supporting that twat.

It is indeed surprising to me that I don' have any Joy Division / New Order in my collection though! Will be looking to rectify that soon!

Yeah I get that but I find that Johnny Marr is so sound a fella that it evens out the twat equilibrium. I do find it a difficult dilemma when someone whose music you love turns out to be an irredeemable twat!

Back