Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

So it's not U2, Smiths, Joy Division, David Bowie, Bauhaus, Cure, Cocteau Twins, Stone Roses, Pogues, Queen, Prince, Depeche Mode, Police, Dire Straits, RUN DMC, Metallica, Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys nor Pixies. [EDIT] I misunderstood the hint and it actually can be any of these, it can even be Wham!

So I spent some time browsing your Discogs collection and I'll guess Pere Ubu - Terminal Tower.

Released in 1985
Not jazz
Not in our collection

Last edited:
So it's not U2, Smiths, Joy Division, David Bowie, Bauhaus, Cure, Cocteau Twins, Stone Roses, Pogues, Queen, Prince, Depeche Mode, Police, Dire Straits, RUN DMC, Metallica, Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys nor Pixies.

So I spent some time browsing your Discogs collection and I'll guess Pere Ubu - Terminal Tower.

Released in 1985
Not jazz
Not in our collection

I wonder did I make a mistake posting a link to my Discogs the day after I was chosen to pick album of the month? Or did I know you would have a peek at it and remove the album first?

Am I missing how to actually search Skalap’s collection or must it be manual?
sadly its manual
So, is the previous picker running the current guess thread from now on?
from what i know yeah.. the picker is the first and the previous picker is listing the guesses and stuff

Okay, I am not manually reading through 3,000 plus entries 250 per page so I will just throw this one on the table.

Timbuk 3 just because it’s eighties everyone forgot about that I actually really liked probably because I was young and stupid but whatever it was awesome on the roller rink. I think it was my first cassette tape I got with my own money, either that or License to Ill, coincidentally is 80’s not jazz that is a far more likely pick over Timbuk 3 but probably much more expensive.

Back