Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

In our house when we have pizza delivered (probably about twice a month) we get a round with pepperoni and a square (Detroit style) with bacon and pineapple. It's from a small independent place in the neighborhood called Main Street Pizza. and it's excellent. My town has a lot of the main chains too, but this place has a great business going...hopefully they can keep it up.

Also, I'm woefully behind on checking this thread. Is it Lou Reed?
Good, uncle Vito has taken note of the crime committed by Main Street Pizza.
Say goodbye to your pizza joint.
Pizza Da Action will be the new pizza king in town.

hello there, it's uncle Vito here....
what? do you want pineapple on your pizza?
are you fucking crazy? I'll deliver the pizza to you myself and I'll sacrifice you personally to the gods of the pomodoro salsa for the sacrilege you are requesting!!!
what? oh, wrong number you say?
ah, ok.

It’s the role you were born to play.

In our house when we have pizza delivered (probably about twice a month) we get a round with pepperoni and a square (Detroit style) with bacon and pineapple. It's from a small independent place in the neighborhood called Main Street Pizza. and it's excellent. My town has a lot of the main chains too, but this place has a great business going...hopefully they can keep it up.

Also, I'm woefully behind on checking this thread. Is it Lou Reed?

I plead the fifth...

Doctor was played by Peter Davison

There is a little video on iTunes where the photographer talks about how that picture was picked.

I'm not really up on Lou, but what's his deal with the gender non-conformity during this time period for him?
I wasn't aware that he was ever gender non-conforming so I guess I'm not the best person to ask. I know he was a supporter of the trans community and was in a long term relationship with a trans woman.

was in a long term relationship with a trans woman.

This I did not know. I did know he was pretty comfortable with including trans people as characters in his songs or taking on that persona. That all over Transformer. I wonder what made him what to tell these stories?

But I was going off of album covers on iTunes.

I see at least four where he is wearing makeup, Rock N' Roll Animal,The Blue Mask, Transformer, and The Bells; and three that could be a little suggestive of male pin up pictures, Lou Reed Live, Street Hassle, and Rock n' Roll Heart.

I wasn't aware that he was ever gender non-conforming so I guess I'm not the best person to ask. I know he was a supporter of the trans community and was in a long term relationship with a trans woman.
Just a follow-up, according to this seemingly well-researched blog post I guess it was a little more complicated. At least for some of their relationship it seems that they were gender fluid. Interesting that they note that he was opposed to gender reassignment, but they seem to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was more an opposition to any operation.

Back