Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 0 - June 2019 /// MARK DE CLIVE-LOWE - Heritage Vol.1

That hint is mentionning me, but I'm lost nonetheless.

Maybe some record by Te'amir, he released one with MdCL playing piano on it : https://www.discogs.com/Teamir-Sweeney-Professor-H-TeAmir-Professor-H-Present-Circle/master/1501759

But there is also a double EP on his bandcamp : Abyssinia & Abyssinia Rise, that might fit the first clue is there a double cover on it. It has been released by Tru Toughts, but i think they are based in Brighton ?

If we go the @Joe Mac way and invert thoses coordinates to get to african waters, we get close to Ethiopia which is the inspiration for this. It has indeed a double cover with moon & sun, and could be linked to a "rumble in the jungle" as well ?

Went to my local last night to pick up Heritage and/or Heritage II... But they didn't have either, and the guy working said they were on backorder and he couldn't say for sure when they would get them in. All was good, though, because I still left with a copy of The Comet Is Coming's new album. All thanks to this thread.

I still have no idea what the actual AOTM could be, though

I'll give a very interesting hint: if the artist/band leader of the AotM acts like @Enoch's guess, he can't play his instrument :) In fact... who can?

Ali/Foreman's hint was supposed to help you to find out the label :) Good luck y'all!

Locking my guess in for Dur Dur of Somalia from Analog Africa

Has a day/ night theme
Equator
Africa

---can't make the connection to Jazz but that's objective anyway isn't it?

What would you do with more hints?
don't know, maybe guessing this impossible AoTM?

actually, on second thoughts... don't give any new clues, please
every one you add, confuses me more, especially the latest comments about @ChristoBee direction and @Enoch guess' hands....
giphy.gif

what the hell!!!!

don't know, maybe guessing this impossible AoTM?

actually, on second thoughts... don't give any new clues, please
every one you add, confuses me more, especially the latest comments about @ChristoBee direction and @Enoch guess' hands....
giphy.gif

what the hell!!!!

It's not impossible, it's actually in the guesses list. The "some time" in my sentence about "ChristoBee direction" should let you think that some information should be double checked. The Enoch's guess hands is only a joke, how can a musician play with both hands up?

I feel like maybe it's time for direct questions, is it a solo artist recording ?

Read above :) And check back your posts, guesses and affirmations.

Back