N&G AoTM /// Vol. 59 - May 2024 /// TBA

I think that's all clues linked. I cracked it alone but @nolalady absolutely helped put all the pieces together. I was lost until the ASOB clue that took me to Rosenstock.

I would say this post would corroborate your theory as well:

This is a tough call, but I'd say Wheel is a good enough album to start with to give you a taste of what she's all about. It has a good balance of slower, stripped down songs and heavier rock-influenced songs. From there, I'd say if you like the heavier, upbeat stuff more, I'd highly recommend Cocksure, and if the slower stuff is more your speed, I'd give The Big Freeze a listen.

Her 2011 album Sit Resist was recently remastered, and while it has some of my favorite songs of hers, even with it being remastered the production is a bit lackluster, so it's probably not a good one to start with. But songs like "Halloween, Pts. 1 &2", "Master of Art" and "Barnacles" are part of what made me love her so much, so it's certainly worth a listen as well.

I think that's all clues linked. I cracked it alone but @nolalady absolutely helped put all the pieces together. I was lost until the ASOB clue that took me to Rosenstock.
Just to stoke the flames a bit until I've got a write-up to post, I'll say that there are a couple of hidden connections in some of the clues that still haven't been fully found. In true @debianlinux fashion, I hid a covert hint in my introductory post and the Rosenstock clue has an extra connection to one of the tracks on the album that requires an intimate and exhaustive knowledge of the Radiohead canon. So feel free to ruminate on these in the meantime if any of you feel so inclined! Or you can just rest easy in the knowledge that Deb solved 99.999% of the clues and leave it at that! Either way!

Really enjoying this pick :)
I am very happy to hear this. 😊

Also, I'm sorry I've left this thread hanging for so long... this past month has been very rough on me for various reasons and to cap it off, I've been sick as a dog for the past week or so. But whatever, excuses, excuses... I'll hopefully be able to motivate myself to finish my write-up so that I have something of substance to post before we move on to the next AOTM. Apologies for the delay, y'all.

In the meantime, I was glancing through old threads as I do from time to time, and came across this post that's a bit amusing in hindsight...
Wait a minute, fourth studio album, American pop-rock singer-songwriter from the 2010s.
@Teeeee stole Laura Stevenson's Cocksure from me!

Edit: this is a meme, not a real guess. Don't bother researching this album, it's not widely pressed enough to be an AOTM.

Back