Microridge cartridge lifespan?

Fixxman32

How long should i expext my Lyra Delos to last? šŸ™‚ I use my turntable for about 1-3 hours each week, and sometimes only 1-3 hours weekend,not using it for the week. Got it last year.

How long should i expext my Lyra Delos to last? šŸ™‚ I use my turntable for about 1-3 hours each week, and sometimes only 1-3 hours weekend,not using it for the week. Got it last year.
Lovely cartridge btw
1645203469659.png
Must sound beautiful! I have only heard and handful of high end moving coils (mostly Benz and Dynavector). It must be a whole another level of detail ?

IME audible wear on my daily driver MicroRidge styli hits at about ~800hrs which is pretty consistent with studies of these types of styli. Wether or not thatā€™s ā€œdamagingā€ records at that point is sort of irrelevant to me as Iā€™m running a cheapo MM cart, no need to retip or replace like the Lyra. Completely agree with the above, youā€™re likely to get a very long life out of that cart since you have limited weekly play time, pretty much the best scenario for these types of carts. Just listen out for degradation in tracking ability as you get closer to the 1000hr mark.

Back