May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

Day 26: Discogs randomizer
Sam Beeton - In The Yard (2015)

Screenshot_20200527-103337.png

IMG_20200527_112100_081.jpg
After 14 tries, Discogs finally selected a vinyl (I have all the CDs and the vinyl together). And it was a nice choice, coz I bought this one last year and never listened to it. I only bought it because the guy in the cover is cute AF, and to my surprise the music is really good.

Day 27: Least favorite album cover
My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
View attachment 49239

This was tough, as I really enjoy all the album art for the most part in my collection. There is nothing inherently dislikable about this art work but when compared with the original...
View attachment 49240
...ya gotta wonder why’d they had to mess with perfection?

Ahaha I was going to use this deluxe edition, too. Any time you're adding a bad photo of the band members to a cover is a bad idea.

Ahaha I was going to use this deluxe edition, too. Any time you're adding a bad photo of the band members to a cover is a bad idea.
Right? Especially when the artwork is fairly Iconic. I hesitated to purchase this for a long time mainly because of the the artwork. Now listening to it though, I enjoy the remastering and this pressing has way less static than my standard edition. I may still hold on to the standard press just for the artwork though.

Day 27: Least Favorite Album Cover

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well-Done (Templar Label Group, 2018 Limited Clear Pressing)

This is an album cover that I have always thought was bad. I'm not even sure what's going on it in. It looks like a piece of meat, with collaged cartoonish animal teeth, being opened by a cartoon hand, whilst some creepy looking cartoon dude looks on in some weird rage. Very strange. Music is decent though.

Also.....I was halfway to choosing The Pixies - Headcarrier until I thought of this!

IMG_7441.JPG

Right? Especially when the artwork is fairly Iconic. I hesitated to purchase this for a long time mainly because of the the artwork. Now listening to it though, I enjoy the remastering and this pressing has way less static than my standard edition. I may still hold on to the standard press just for the artwork though.
Definitely. The original version still sounds "right" to me but there's a lot more life (and horns? I don't remember so many horns) to the remaster. Never had the OG on vinyl, though.

Day 27 - Least favorite album cover

I know that this legitimately was amateur work, so I feel a little bad being harsh, but this is just awful. The design and font are bad enough, but the tiny, pixilated picture of the band superimposed on the top? Come on. And why the hell is everything crammed in the top 2/3rds of the space?

90292479-6DF7-4228-A53E-76E486CA01E5.jpeg

Finally, if you’re going to superimpose a square image, at least erase the margins:
CC0950BC-CEF9-4B25-AB01-91554FD64538.jpeg

Good music though! 😂

Back