May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

I have a bunch of their albums on CD but that's my first New Order vinyl!
Saw them live late last year, they're still awesome (even without Peter Hook)

Yeah , saw them on the last tour they did with Hooky , you could tell something was up , he was tucked up the far corner and not a word was said to him all set m and he left the stage one way and the rest of the band went the other way . They have shafted him royally though , but I kinda think he deserves it

Day 7 - Latest purchase

Son Little - Aloha

This record was supposed to come in yesterday but ended up showing up a day late. I wanted to highlight one of my favorite releases from 2020 so I decided to post this one a day late. I was able to find the colored variant at a great price and support a local store at the same time, win-win!

LOL, this was gonna be my play initially too then I figured a lot more people would have New Order than The Men so I audibled last sec.

I was peeking at the thread during the day, hoping no one would post that New Order!
I had a plan B, but I really wanted to spin Power, Corruption and Lies.
I lucked out!

Day 8 - An Album That Makes You Think Of Flowers

Foals -Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost. Part 2

I love this cover so much. The subject matter, the composition.....everything. And the color of the vinyl fits perfectly with it.

The album itself? Well, I love that, too. This is one of those high tide albums where you put it on and just get locked in some sort of musical-rhythm-trance; you listen and let the music get into you and sway like you’re ebbing and flowing. I can’t put the needle down on track one without playing all the way to the end. The way track 2 builds.....I want to yell with the singer by the end of it. Ugh.
E04678E9-EF0D-4A96-9E6D-01CFBF38B2D1.jpeg

Day 7 - Latest purchase

Son Little - Aloha

This record was supposed to come in yesterday but ended up showing up a day late. I wanted to highlight one of my favorite releases from 2020 so I decided to post this one a day late. I was able to find the colored variant at a great price and support a local store at the same time, win-win!

Is a very good album. How’s the pressing?

Day 8 - Flowers

20200508_194349.jpg

Panic! At the Disco - Pretty. Odd.

This album is so perfect for this theme! The beautiful flowery cover perfectly fits the summery feel and natural aesthetic of the album!

Also I picked this theme is honor of Hayley Williams' solo debut "Petals for armor" so its even more fitting to play a Fueled by Ramen labelmate

Back