Live Show live streams

Bluecloud777

Maybe we can have a thread where announcements of concert live streams can be posted, both the ones for free and the ones for which you need to buy an access ticket. As live gigs unfortunately are not possible in most parts of the world for the foreseeable future, I think it's a good alternative to see and support artists by watching livestreams of gigs. As far as I see we don't have such a thread yet?

I start with a concert by The Weather Station, on 3/11/21

An announcement says:
" We are presenting a live stream concert film show extravaganza this week, on March 11 at 8 pm CST. It also can be watched from other parts of the world

10 piece band. Two percussionists, flute, saxophone. It's the band that performed on the album plus extra, just to be extra. Technical team cherry picked from the best of the best. This is no iPhone video; this is the real deal.

We are performing out of the very fancy Toronto studio Revolution Recording. It’s the only studio in the city that could hold us all socially distanced, and that’s great, because it’s also a really nice studio, which means every note we play will be going through a gorgeous Neve board before it hits your ears.

Planning this has been the hardest creative and logistical tangle I’ve yet undertaken, but I am so excited to present this show! And the beautiful thing is, you can come no matter where you are in the world. You can find tickets at noonchorus.com/the-weather-station/ - they are cheap. Come to the show so I don’t lose my shirt on this thing! Also cause this band I have playing with me is IT."
Costs are $12

Great thread idea.

Probably the right place to highlight Bandsintown Plus, which is a $10 a month subscription service. Performances are generally 30-45 minutes (thinking opening act length and technical ability) sometimes with a brief Q&A afterwards and are not replayable to go back to, so it's definitely lacking some heft and functionality. However their more recent artist lineup is really solid and starting to verge towards popular Indie or lower end mainstream acts in many cases, and I haven't had any real issues with stream or sound quality either. Usually 1-2 hours, 3 days a week

This week includes

Nathaniel Ratleiff (Thursday)
Japanese Breakfast (Friday); CHAI (Friday)
Aloe Blacc (Saturday)

Other notable performers coming up are

Charli XCX (March 19th)
Skullcrusher (April 1st)
The Head and the Heart (April 3rd)
Mt. Joy (April 8th)
Whitney (April 9th)
Haim (April 17th)

They've had the likes of Claud, Arlo Parks, Jeff Tweedy, and Phoebe Bridgers before.

Also a couple of livestreams on my radar

Sarah Jarosz had a paid, orchestral backed shared performance last weekend and she has one Live from the Sheldon on March 20th which appears to be free.

Brandi Carlile has a full band performance Live at the Ryman which shuffles out to just short of $30 without the book. This is on March 28th

Back